Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One Pro 10.0.1 Released  (Read 5353 times)

StuartOnline

• Travels Photographer Stuart Schaefer
Capture One Pro 10.0.1 Released
« on: January 16, 2017, 01:03:52 pm »

Capture One Pro released update 10.0.1 this morning.
https://www.phaseone.com/en/Download.aspx

10.0.1 Lens Support
• Schneider Kreuznach RS 110mm (Aerial)
• Schneider Kreuznach RS 150mm (Aerial)
• Rodenstock RS 32mm (Aerial)
• Sony FE 50mm F2.8 Macro Lens pro le
• Sony 28–75mm F2.8 SAM Lens pro le
• Sony 135mm F2.8 [T4.5] STF Lens pro le
• Sony Ultra Wide Converter Lens pro le
• Sony Fisheye Converter Lens pro le
• Sony 300mm F2.8 G SSM II Lens pro le
• Sony 70–300mm F4.5–5.6 G SSM II Lens pro le
• Sony FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Lens pro le

10.0.1 Bug  xes (Mac)
• Lagging while quickly browsing through images by holding the arrow key down
• The Mac crash reporter does not  nd a crash report when Capture One is force quit
• Crash if no collection selected and we select next collection
• The Mac crash reporter often fails to  nd the correct crash report for Capture One
• Decreasing Target Highlight Value via keyboard shortcut does not work
• Wrong naming for custom ICC pro les that are not in library in catalogs
• Crash when entering “/” in the Format  eld in the Next Capture Naming tool
• Cannot apply preset/style with custom ICC if the ICC is not in the library
• The “Applied Styles and Presets” section is missing in the “Styles and Presets” tool
• Changing library in full screen mode causes CO to crash
• Crash when closing the Import Window while it is populating with images
• Crash when moving smart albums in a catalog
• Magenta color cast before style applying
• Loupe will not work on thumbnails
• Iris GPU on new MBP causing artifact in  t-view
• Crash when exporting variants with Open CL enabled on MBP2015
• Crash when selecting an image in the browser on Mac Pro with non-OEM Nvidia card
• CMYK readouts give wildly di erent values in Capture One 10

10.0.1 Bug  xes (Win)
• Changing brush size with Tangent Knobs does not work • Large TIFF crashes
• Crash when .NET installation is older than 4.6.2
• The readouts won’t show when the window is small
• Cannot Click Between Thumbnails when Loupe Is Selected
• Express and DB version can not check for software updates
• Deactivating DB version thinks it is Express For Sony
• Localization Issue: German. There is no Capture One 10 Engine, There are two Capture
One 9 Engines.
• “Show Mask Always” doesn’t show adjustments when changing exposure
• Delete  le from session does not refocus browser window on next selection • Brush tool does not display right physical size in brush settings
• Multiple Card readers not displayed in CO import window
• Lens EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS is not recognized automatically

Alto

Re: Capture One Pro 10.0.1 Released
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 04:01:02 pm »

Hi All

Seems to have been pulled as can't download either from capture one of from the web site did show up in program but doesn't now 20.57 UK time.

Regards

Jon

UPDATE: Seems to be sorted now as of 21.24 UK time . Have downloaded and its sorted the graphics issue in new MBPs
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 04:25:13 pm by Alto »

myotis

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 04:19:23 pm »

Hi All

Seems to have been pulled as can't download either from capture one of from the web site did show up in program but doesn't now 20.57 UK time.

Regards

Jon

That might be bad news as I updated this morning (in the UK). If there is an issue, hopefully it will get fixed soon. No mention of a problem on the Phase one support forums.

Cheers,
Graham

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 04:49:48 pm »

That might be bad news as I updated this morning (in the UK). If there is an issue, hopefully it will get fixed soon. No mention of a problem on the Phase one support forums.

Cheers,
Graham
Been using it virtually non-stop since about an hour after it went online and have not had a single problem...

myotis

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 05:06:07 pm »

Been using it virtually non-stop since about an hour after it went online and have not had a single problem...

I've used it for about an hour today, without a problem, but wasn't doing very much.

I'm on a Mac, I wonder if it is the Windows version with a problem, but I did look at the Phase one Windows forum as well as the Mac, and neither mention a problem.

Cheers,

Graham

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 07:20:32 pm »

I've used it for about an hour today, without a problem, but wasn't doing very much.

I'm on a Mac, I wonder if it is the Windows version with a problem, but I did look at the Phase one Windows forum as well as the Mac, and neither mention a problem.

Cheers,

Graham
I should have stated that I have been using the Windows version since early Monday morning.

myotis

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 01:02:15 am »

I should have stated that I have been using the Windows version since early Monday morning.

It seems the OP has been updated and its all woking fine.

Cheers,
Graham

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 05:31:21 am »

And - at long last - it seems to support Fuji XT2 and XPro2 compressed raw files.

budjames

• http://www.budjamesphotography.com
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 05:15:54 am »

I love C1P and have switched from Lightroom CC with C1P8 over a year ago. My Fuji X RAW files have never looked so good. Very happy with the resulting IQ.

However, I was hoping that v10 would improve the performance with large catalogs. In LR CC, my 145k+ image library of Canon and Fuji RAW files was very speedy. In comparison, C1P chokes on large libraries so I had to break my LR catalog into 3 C1P catalogs. Even with this, a C1P catalog of 45k images takes over 4 minutes to become usable if I click on "All Images" to be able to search the whole catalog. I have to remember to select a folder before quitting C1P or it will take 4 minutes before the program becomes usable when I launch it the next time.

I have a maxed-out iMac 27" 5k with 32GB RAM, 1 TB internal SSD and a Thunderbolt2 attached RAID for my image library.

Numerous tech support tickets with CaptureOne resulted in the recommendation to use smaller catalogs. Unfortunately, this eliminates the ability to search across all of my images. I hope that this is fixed in a soon to be released future version.

Regards,
Bud James

www.budjames.photography
Bud James
North Wales, PA [url=http://ww

myotis

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 09:23:15 am »

Numerous tech support tickets with CaptureOne resulted in the recommendation to use smaller catalogs. Unfortunately, this eliminates the ability to search across all of my images.

You could always consider Media Pro and use sessions, abandoning C1 catalogues altogether.

Its not a perfect solution and Phase One don't make it easy for you (proper C1 /MP integration is broken yet again, with this new release of C1 and no relevant tutorials), but it works and the MP catalogues are tiny and blazingly fast to load and use.

It does relegate C1 to becoming an editor for Media Pro, but managing images in a proper database makes more sense, than a built in database added as an afterthought to a raw processor.

I am hoping at some stage Phase will reverse what they seem to be currently doing, and instead of adding a database into C1, they build C1 into Media Pro, and give us a completely new data base centric product, as well as a Raw Processor "only", for those who don't need/want a database function. But I think its unlikely.

See this thread here for discussion about round tripping between C1 and MP :

https://forum.phaseone.com/En/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=24727&sid=151bb755e99351a29c6f260d1c875ed9

Cheers,

Graham

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2017, 11:08:52 am »

Numerous tech support tickets with CaptureOne resulted in the recommendation to use smaller catalogs.

Almost 700,000 images in a colleague's Lightroom catalogue. Only thing that's slower is making a backup.

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2017, 01:40:46 am »

And don't dare to build new previews ;) that would take a year.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2017, 04:33:34 am »

And don't dare to build new previews ;) that would take a year.

If you were responding to my post, they're built as an when they're needed, so catalogue size is no big deal.

Hoggy

• Never take life, or anything in it, too seriously.
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2017, 06:39:26 pm »

Speaking of catalog size..

Whenever I start C1v10, and I'm usually in the 'all images' area - cat size of only ~3000...  Capture one always starts doing something in the background for ages, as I can see it on the progress bar in my Win10 taskbar.  It doesn't seem to affect performance much, that I've bothered to notice - but it's incredibly annoying.  I have once let it sit overnight thinking that might let it get all its housekeeping over with for good, but upon restart it still always does the same thing.

And along the same lines, whenever I switch to a different 'heading' (for lack of a better word right now) within the library panel or filters panel - it always spends a lot of time building and resorting the thumbnails.  No matter how many times I've switched to that 'heading' in the past - and have let it sit (also thinking to get its housekeeping over with for good).  ... And then when going back to the "all images" 'heading', it will start rebuilding and resorting all the thumbnails yet again - even within the same 'session' after having come from there and letting it sit.

Is this really how it's always supposed to be?

Sorry, but I'm used to LR, where everything catalog related is whip-fast and practically immediate.  If this is, in fact, the normal M.O. of C1, then even though it's DAM features may be progressing - it's still got a long way to go to catch up to LR as of yet.

---------
As to the person that had to split into 3 45,000 image catalogs.  First - yikes!  I'm only at ~3000 and things are slow.  Second, in addition to the Media Pro option mentioned - one could always stick to using LR strictly for cataloging.  I'm pretty sure all you have to do is sign up for CC for a month and then cancel.  It's cataloging features are supposed to continue running indefinitely.  So, essentially, $10 for using LR for its catalog only (and I think the print module, too, if I'm not mistaken).  That is, unless LR6 was already purchased as standalone.  Sounds like a pretty sweet option if all one wants is a strict yet superb cataloger (and maybe printer).   8)

EDIT: Upon a cursory search, it looks like only the Develop and Map modules are supposed to stop working, sooo..  An even better deal, apparently.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 10:24:55 pm by Hoggy »
Cams: Pentax K-3, K-30 & Canon G7X, S100
Firm supporter of DNG, throwing away originals.
It's the hash, man..  That good hash!

budjames

• http://www.budjamesphotography.com
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2017, 06:53:22 am »

You could always consider Media Pro and use sessions, abandoning C1 catalogues altogether.

Its not a perfect solution and Phase One don't make it easy for you (proper C1 /MP integration is broken yet again, with this new release of C1 and no relevant tutorials), but it works and the MP catalogues are tiny and blazingly fast to load and use.

It does relegate C1 to becoming an editor for Media Pro, but managing images in a proper database makes more sense, than a built in database added as an afterthought to a raw processor.

I am hoping at some stage Phase will reverse what they seem to be currently doing, and instead of adding a database into C1, they build C1 into Media Pro, and give us a completely new data base centric product, as well as a Raw Processor "only", for those who don't need/want a database function. But I think its unlikely.

See this thread here for discussion about round tripping between C1 and MP :

https://forum.phaseone.com/En/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=24727&sid=151bb755e99351a29c6f260d1c875ed9

Cheers,

Graham

I checked out MediaPro and played with it a bit. It has not been updated in over a year. I get the impression through innuendo that this product is being phased out as the DAM capabilities are built up in C1P.

Bud
Bud James
North Wales, PA [url=http://ww

myotis

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2017, 09:25:55 am »

I checked out MediaPro and played with it a bit. It has not been updated in over a year. I get the impression through innuendo that this product is being phased out as the DAM capabilities are built up in C1P.

Bud

Actually, it hasn't really been updated in about 20 years !! Some one will know the history better than I do, but I think when Microsoft bought it, all the really did was increase  the maximum database size, and all that Phase One have really done since buying it is add some C1 integration.

At its core its an outstandingly good database, and I am aware of some people who are still using the original iView Media who see no reason to upgrade.

There is unfortunately, not many alternatives to Media pro, the only one I am aware of is Photo Supreme, which although faster than Lightroom, still lagged behind  the speed of Media Pro.

But Phase One's lack of interest in Media pro is all too obvious, and you wonder why they bothered buying it. I had assumed they would use it as backend database for Capture One, but it seems not, as its the backend where the real problems seem to lie with C1.

I obviously still think its worth the look, as it generally works well with C1, its solid and fast, and there isn't any obvious better alternative.

Cheers,

Graham

Pages: [1]   Go Up