Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad, Kevin Raber and a ridiculous witch hunt  (Read 7833 times)

etto1972

Hasselblad, Kevin Raber and a ridiculous witch hunt
« on: January 14, 2017, 06:48:23 pm »

I am a Lula reader since many, many years  :D
and I have always enjoyed reading all the wonderful articles and the discussions in the different forums.

I must confess that I got pretty sad reading some of the accusations Kevin received in this forum and on other websites since he published  the article about Hasselblad and the presumed DJI acquisition.
You may have interpreted his article in one way or an other, but I find absolutely ridiculous and disgusting to question his integrity just because in the past he has been working for Phase One.

To those people I want to remind that Kevin is a man which is clearly passionated about Photography and about the gears!
If you think about it, just in the last year he has featured Hasselblad in many occasions and he has showed great excitement also for an other MF camera like the Fujifilm GFX!!! 
I don't want to offend anyone but its really depressing to see how sometime people behave  :'(

All the best to all of you
Ettore
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 08:02:27 pm by etto1972 »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Hasselblad, Kevin Raber and a ridiculous witch hunt
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 07:53:16 pm »

+1

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 08:07:04 pm »

Thank You.  I report what I know.  Not a rumor.  I must admit my skin has become a lot thicker since being part of LuLa.  I know other website content providers have the same thing happen to them.  I look at comments by people on other sites and can't believe what some people have to say. My father always told me if you don't have something good to say then don't say it.  I do believe that when the Hasselblad thing plays out it will come to show I was right.  In the meantime, I am just about finished a very detailed review on the X1D.

Thank again, and I am passionate about this site and photography.  I am not going to let a few downers discourage that for me.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 12:50:52 am »

I agree with you Ettore, and thank you for saying it.
I found Kevin's article interesting, and I also felt a bit embarrassed at the virulence of some of the responses, which suggested to me that some folks were reading into the article things that Kevin never said.

I'm glad Kevin does have a thick enough skin not to get upset by the negative comments. A few LuLa members have shown often enough that it is possible to disagree with a viewpoint without getting mean about it.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 05:40:33 am »

Agreed, Ettore. Kevin strikes me as enthusiastic, above all else, and I don't see any malevolence in recent articles.

John

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 06:13:32 am »

I was disappointed to see that the discourse over this was worse here then it was in Kevin's post of the article on Facebook - that's a first and not a good thing IMHO.  The Internet Amplification Factor (IAF) on LULA was a bit overboosted on this one!

Kevin Gallagher

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 08:57:25 am »

+1

+3

Kevin, you have a lot thicker skin than I do. Contrary opinions are one thing rudeness is another.
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell

etto1972

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2017, 09:45:13 am »

Thank You.  I report what I know.  Not a rumor.  I must admit my skin has become a lot thicker since being part of LuLa.  I know other website content providers have the same thing happen to them.  I look at comments by people on other sites and can't believe what some people have to say. My father always told me if you don't have something good to say then don't say it.  I do believe that when the Hasselblad thing plays out it will come to show I was right.  In the meantime, I am just about finished a very detailed review on the X1D.

Thank again, and I am passionate about this site and photography.  I am not going to let a few downers discourage that for me.

Kevin I am looking so much forward to read your review especially since at the moment I feel a bit discouraged by the lack of solid info concerning the camera delivery here in the USA!
Today is January 15th and it seems that not a single dealer here in the USA  knows when the X1D 4116 edition will start shipping....somehow now I am slowly looking at the GFX ...because I am tired to be without gears (which I sold to preorder the X1D 4116)  :'(

Thanks
Ettore
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 09:48:28 am by etto1972 »

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2017, 11:00:32 am »

+3

Kevin, you have a lot thicker skin than I do. Contrary opinions are one thing rudeness is another.
+4
I do not understand people getting so upset... please re-read your contribution before you post.
A written reaction can sound so much harder than a spoken one. There is no intonation.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2017, 11:17:18 am »

Hi,

I see Kevin as a good guy…

I also feel that he is entitled to write his opinion without being attacked.

Just to say my impression is:

• There are things Kevin doesn't like.
  • Kevin thinks he has very good info.

Personally, I feel that DJI investment is a good thing, but i don't know all the facts.

Best regards
Erik

I am a Lula reader since many, many years  :D
and I have always enjoyed reading all the wonderful articles and the discussions in the different forums.

I must confess that I got pretty sad reading some of the accusations Kevin received in this forum and on other websites since he published  the article about Hasselblad and the presumed DJI acquisition.
You may have interpreted his article in one way or an other, but I find absolutely ridiculous and disgusting to question his integrity just because in the past he has been working for Phase One.

To those people I want to remind that Kevin is a man which is clearly passionated about Photography and about the gears!
If you think about it, just in the last year he has featured Hasselblad in many occasions and he has showed great excitement also for an other MF camera like the Fujifilm GFX!!! 
I don't want to offend anyone but its really depressing to see how sometime people behave  :'(

All the best to all of you
Ettore
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 03:02:04 pm by ErikKaffehr »
Erik Kaffehr

Jonathan Cross

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2017, 12:51:32 pm »

Hooray!

I have read the Lula forum for a long time and found it very interesting and informative.  In recent times there has been a marked increase in rude, even abusive comments.  I have also noticed threads that have developed into what is effectively an argument between two contributors.  I do not want to read either and am saddened that contributors stoop to these behaviours.  I am happy to read reasoned criticism to help me become better informed, but not just rudeness and protracted argument.  Neither add anything.  For the benefit of all readers of this excellent site, could those who write rudely or just keep on arguing please desist.

Jonathan

Jonathan in UK

ripgriffith

• ripsart.com
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2017, 01:33:44 am »

In recent times there has been a marked increase in rude, even abusive comments.
It's called the Trumpian Effect.

one iota

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2017, 03:31:22 am »

I call it "trumpage"
Mahn England

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2017, 03:37:56 am »

There have been outbreaks of rudeness here on many occasions over the decade or so that I've been reading and contributing. It has nothing to do with politics: people feel strongly about something and choose to express themselves without necessary restraint (or can't prevent themselves from doing it). It's regrettable. Sometimes the offenders leave and don't come back; sometimes they return with newly-acquired manners.

Jeremy

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2017, 10:08:10 am »

Actually, what we are witnessing here, in this attack on Kevin, is PC terrorists attacking a man for freely expressing his opinion. Exactly what Trump was against and why he won.

Rob C

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2017, 10:26:19 am »

Actually, what we are witnessing here, in this attack on Kevin, is PC terrorists attacking a man for freely expressing his opinion. Exactly what Trump was against and why he won.

I agree with the theory; not sure whether the pan hasn't been exchanged for the fire, though. He doesn't seem too able to handle criticism - so far. For which he can only blame himself. Insulting governments around the world. including the one that has often been called the U.S.'s closest ally, seems anything but reasonable behaviour... very loose cannons come rolling to mind.

Rob

Rob C

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2017, 02:22:51 pm »

Would that be Kevin or Trump?

;-)

Which do you think, Keith?

Did you catch the latest vid clip with Gove? Dear, oh dear. Diplomacy must be a word missing from his dictionary. I have a feeling he will not last long in power. I can see that business will get in the way too much, and that he will either be hoofed out for confusing lines of demarcation, or he will elect to call it a day all by himself. It would be a scream if the sons decided to cut him right out of any return to heading the Evil Empire. If that is legally impossible, then perhaps it might indicate that separation between man and companies has not really been achieved... interesting time ahead. The lads are old enough to be progeny of the displaced wife, are they not? I wonder where filial loyaties truly lie.

;-)

Rob

Quentin

• Quentin on Facebook
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2017, 05:50:17 pm »

All I can say is that I crashed my DJI Mavic pro drone in the river.  Glad I didn't have a Hasselblad attached to it!   :o

The fact is that few companies are still are owned by their original founders, and that it is very unlikely that DJI want to destroy the brand they are alleged to be investing in.  I see no reason to assume DJI won't be good custodians.  Let's give them a chance.
Quentin Bargate, ARPS, Author, Arbitrato

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2017, 09:35:10 am »

I agree with you Ettore, and thank you for saying it.
I found Kevin's article interesting, and I also felt a bit embarrassed at the virulence of some of the responses, which suggested to me that some folks were reading into the article things that Kevin never said.

I'm glad Kevin does have a thick enough skin not to get upset by the negative comments. A few LuLa members have shown often enough that it is possible to disagree with a viewpoint without getting mean about it.

My feelings also.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up