Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: BenQ SW320 Available yet?  (Read 12336 times)

Theodoros Papageorgiou

• Arcadia Images
Re: BenQ SW320 Available yet?
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2017, 02:14:03 pm »

I have been  living with the SW320 for the last few weeks and Kevin has kindly just published my review on LULA.

In short, if you want a UHD wide gamut monitor sub $1500 there is nothing on the market that comes close.

Hi and thanks for your review!

I'm also researching for a new monitor and currently inclined towards the Eizo CG277. I've read through a bunch of reviews for the BenQ SW2700PT and quite a few people report uniformity issues.
Do you think the BenQ SW320 is improved in this regard?

Theodoros Papageorgiou

• Arcadia Images
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2017, 05:56:57 am »

Sorry, you have already answered my question in your review but I had to read it more carefully:

"Regarding brightness uniformity the SW320’s exceptional uniformity is achieved through a delicate process involving the utilization of high precision apparatus to meticulously fine-tune hundreds of sub-regions on the entire screen. The results of this fine tuning is a noticeable and significant improvement in uniformity over the SW270, and outside of the extreme corners, it measures almost as good as the Eizo CG-318. This is remarkable performance, regardless of price and BenQ is to be commended for their efforts in obtaining this exceptional level of uniformity. You can check how your individual BenQ SW320 monitor performed in its uniformity test on the supplied Factory Calibration Report. "

Thank you!

ipz75

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2017, 02:30:44 am »

Hello Josh and forum members,
I was wondering if any of you has experience with the LG 31MU97-Z (thunderbolt connected). It seems to share a lot of the carachteristic of the BenQ but it would be a true 4K. Currently need to substitute a 8 year old Nec Monitor hooked to a Mac Pro (2013).

Many thanks in advance for yiur considerations.
Ilaria

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2017, 03:53:25 am »

Hello Josh and forum members,
I was wondering if any of you has experience with the LG 31MU97-Z (thunderbolt connected). It seems to share a lot of the carachteristic of the BenQ but it would be a true 4K. Currently need to substitute a 8 year old Nec Monitor hooked to a Mac Pro (2013).

Many thanks in advance for yiur considerations.
Ilaria

Sorry, no experience with the LG screen to date...
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Theodoros Papageorgiou

• Arcadia Images
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2017, 05:35:48 pm »

Video card compatibility.
I sent BenQ a msg asking for a list of compatible cards.  It took them a week to answer.
The answer was "The monitor is compatible with most video cards in the market ..."

A 10-bit per color monitor is only compatible with a 10-bit graphics card, if you actually need 10-bit color display.
See this link from Eizo's site:
http://www.eizoglobal.com/support/compatibility/gpu/photoshopc_nvidia_amd/

Nvidia Gforce GPUs do not support 10-bit output, only the Quadro series.
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3011/~/10-bit-per-color-support-on-nvidia-geforce-gpus

Photoshop supports 10-bits per color but not Lightroom yet, see this thread:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/add_10_bit_support_to_lightroom

Also only the new Mac OS support 10-bit (I'm not a Mac user but I think it's the OS X El Capitan).
Windows 7 or later support 10-bit per color.

keithcooper

• Northlight Images
Some more SW320 observations...
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2017, 03:59:46 pm »

I've been trying one for a bit and have written up some thoughts about using it

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/benq-sw320-32inch-4k-monitor-review/

I had to put a newer graphics card into my 2010 Mac Pro (os x 10.11), but it works very well with CS6.

I don't do video work, so the 4k aspect is not so important for my work.
Probably the biggest change comes from the finer dot pitch and how you interpret aspects of image contrast and sharpness.

Oh, that and I have to be a bit more careful to be wearing the correct pair of glasses when I'm doing detail related work.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up