Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SOLD Nikon 85/1.4G US$670  (Read 307 times)

Conner999

SOLD Nikon 85/1.4G US$670
« on: January 10, 2017, 09:03:30 am »

Have for sale a very clean 85/1.4G - optics great, smooth focus, barrel in good shape, etc.  No cleaning marks I can see and if any dust, it's not easily seen and a non-event. Barrel and mount in great shape. The lens, with it's wonderful rendering and sharpness, was my go to glass for years.  Package includes caps, hood and box.

The lens was bought by original US owner (I'm #2) from authorized Canadian Nikon dealer Galaxy Camera in Ottawa, Ontario. The original receipt and WW warranty paperwork and manual are in the box.

Glass is clean, any bright spots you see are from reflections of gear & lights behind camera.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE There is one important caveat (hence the price)
--------------------------------------------------------------------- 

About 6 mos ago, the lens started randomly missing focusing (usually back) slightly on both my bodies. No idea why. Never dropped, wet, etc. always transported and stored with other glass in hardcases, etc.   

To what degree? Picture focusing on the near eye of model in profile at F/8 and 4' distance and getting peak focus at bridge of the nose. Up until 6 mos ago it was bang on w/o fail under same circumstances,

Manual focus the lens (which it is wonderful for) and, barring user error, it's 100% on target every time on our bodies, switch to AF it can miss-focus a small amount sometimes for no apparent reason. There appears to be no consistency.

Since I work very, very often at, or close to MFD, the situation has seen me move the lens to a backup or manual focus use - the latter of which it excels at. As a result, it's not getting much use given our other copy and other glass in similar focal length.

I've not had the lens looked at by Nikon and don't intend to.

The price reflects the condition. If it works great on a buyer's body and/or they get it fixed by Nikon at a decent price, they get a great deal, if not they get a fair detail and a smashing lens with one gotcha.

As result, there will be no returns on this lens. No exceptions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Price is US$670.00 shipped by Canada Post Normal Post. Payment by EMT in Canada or PP (add 3%). Some references here, 100x100% on FM under same name and on *Bay as Kumara999.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 10:28:53 am by Conner999 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up