Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: leaf aptus 22 wont fire  (Read 1246 times)

DmacK1

leaf aptus 22 wont fire
« on: January 08, 2017, 03:52:07 pm »

coupled to an rz 67 pro (non D) HX701 adapter I'm using a Canon sync cable from lens to the flash sync port on the digital back. (and  a small adapter so the jack fitting fits the DB). I have the menu set to an rz67 on the DB.
Ive tested the canon sync cable connected from the lens to a free standing pocket wizard and it works. It fired the flash!
From what I have read I shouldnt need a camera control cable that runs from the camera to the back. Only the sync cable from camera to flash sync port>

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
Re: leaf aptus 22 wont fire
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 09:10:35 am »

Typical troubleshoot will include the following:
1. Try an original Leaf sync cable
2. Try different shutter speeds
3. Try different positions on the shutter release button
4. Try another lens
5. Try setting the back (or the software if you're tethered) to Large Format

If all fails contact your local Mamiya Leaf dealer or our support team via the Phase One website

HTH
Yair
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

UlfKrentz

• http://www.shoots.de
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 05:01:28 pm »

coupled to an rz 67 pro (non D) HX701 adapter I'm using a Canon sync cable from lens to the flash sync port on the digital back. (and  a small adapter so the jack fitting fits the DB). I have the menu set to an rz67 on the DB.
Ive tested the canon sync cable connected from the lens to a free standing pocket wizard and it works. It fired the flash!
From what I have read I shouldnt need a camera control cable that runs from the camera to the back. Only the sync cable from camera to flash sync port>

The PC (flash sync) port of the Aptus series is an output to trigger your flash. You need a trigger to the input port which is located at the opposite side (a TS jack, similar to a headphone jack, but smaller and mono). HTH, Ulf

DmacK1

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 12:00:04 am »

Thank you for your time!
Pages: [1]   Go Up