Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keyword hierarchy from LR imports  (Read 1167 times)

Thomas Achermann

• http://www.thomasachermann.com
Keyword hierarchy from LR imports
« on: January 07, 2017, 10:05:21 am »

I'm trying to migrate from LR to CO10 and ran into an issue with the hierarchy of the keywords assigned to images.
I have opened a support case about this and they could reproduce the 'wrong behaviour' - now time will tell when this issue will be addressed in a future release.

What I would like to know is how did other users manage to get their images over to CO, retaining the entire keyword hierarchy.

Essentialy what happens is that if I import an image into CO (with keywords etc in its .xmp file) only the first and last keyword in the hierarchy are correctly assigned to the image. All keywords 'in between' loose the hierarchy and end up as single keywords in the top level.
Example: WORLD LOCATION|continent|Europe|Finland|Lapland|KittilÃ|Rauhala
Only the first and the last keyword are in the hierarchy, all the others are outside in the top level.

As I said, PhaseOne support has reproduced this and they are working on a fix.
I'm just wondering if I am the only one who ran into this problem or how did everbody else get their images into CO from LR  ???

Any input is welcome  ;)
Thomas Achermann - Muonio, Finland - [ur

Hoggy

• Never take life, or anything in it, too seriously.
Re: Keyword hierarchy from LR imports
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 12:54:24 am »

Here, it seemed hit or miss..

Some hierarchies transferred their full 'path', and some not.  I haven't been able to tell what makes them hit or miss, though.  This is from the xmp inside of DNG's.
Cams: Pentax K-3, K-30 & Canon G7X, S100
Firm supporter of DNG, throwing away originals.
It's the hash, man..  That good hash!

Thomas Achermann

• http://www.thomasachermann.com
Re: Keyword hierarchy from LR imports
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 02:08:37 pm »

Good to know I am not the only one with this issue  ;)

What I found out is that if the hierarchy is just two levels deep, it works as expected but if the hierarchy is deeper, then the whole thing falls apart. Hopefully we will see a fix for this soon.
Thomas Achermann - Muonio, Finland - [ur
Pages: [1]   Go Up