Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: My first month with the H6d-100c  (Read 9898 times)

tcdeveau

Re: My first month with the H6d-100c
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2017, 01:15:44 am »

Thanks very much danord! Looking forward to seeing your results as well Bernard
-Todd

SrMi

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2017, 02:03:35 pm »

Comments about using HCD 24mm and HCD 35-90mm on H6D-100c:
- Hood cannot be used on HCD 24mm
- LEE's SW150 filter holder with 95mm adapter works well, does not add any additional vignetting

Rdmax

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2017, 07:14:33 am »

Hi Danord, did you consider the Phase One 100MP when looking at 100MP backs?

danord

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2017, 11:29:46 am »

Hello!
Yes, I did. But for various reasons, I went with the H6D. Most important, of course, was that I came from the H5D and thus was heavily invested with lenses etc, and also took advantage of the trade-in offer.

Danord

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2017, 02:41:33 pm »

I did also, what drove me to the H6D-100c was:
- Important price differential in Japan. With the availability of top condition latest second hand lenses factored in I saved more than the value of my - pretty nice - car,
- IMHO superiority of the H6D body compared to the XF, for overall usage (including handheld street shooting). Featurewise the IQ is ahead but in terms of the basics (UI, mirror slap, size,...) the H6D comes on top for me. Others may disagree,
- Equivalent image quality but I do prefer Hasselblad color rendition a tiny bit,
- Slightly more compact/lighter lenses still with nice look and brilliant image quality,
- Overall Hasselblad is in a better spot marketwise thanks to the X1D strategy and now seems to have stable ownership with DJI that is a tech company and not anymore some investing firm not understanding the imaging business,
- Better system availability for rental in case something goes wrong/you need to add a piece of equipment,

In favor of the P1 is C1 Pro (but LR and Phocus come much closer than I thought they would), system level finish with Hasselblad too slow at releasing firmware updates and tech camera usage with a more integrated battery solution for the IQ (but I have a decent workaround being finalized).

Overall both systems are real close but the Hasselblad is just cheaper and a safer long term investment IMHO.

Cheers,
Bernard

Joe Towner

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2017, 03:45:02 pm »

Hi Joe,
Is this an image that is SOOC? There is a notable greenish color cast to this image.
Can't believe I overlooked the reply.  Mostly SOOC, a few tweaks to get it up on my way to the airport.  I'm the first to admit that I'd be 3x the photographer if I had the patience & attention to properly edit images.

-Joe
t: @PNWMF
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up