Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuji GFX to begin shipping Feb 23  (Read 2436 times)

Stephen Scharf

Fuji GFX to begin shipping Feb 23
« on: January 06, 2017, 02:28:35 am »

The embargo on the Fuji GFX will be lifted on Feb 23, and vendors can start shipping cameras on that date.

I would expect to see a number of reviews appear on or around that date with example images as Fuji already has a number of late-rev prototypes in the hands of X-Photographers.

Price will be around $8000 with the 63mm lens included.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: Fuji GFX to begin shipping Feb 23
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 03:49:02 am »

The embargo on the Fuji GFX will be lifted on Feb 23, and vendors can start shipping cameras on that date.

I would expect to see a number of reviews appear on or around that date with example images as Fuji already has a number of late-rev prototypes in the hands of X-Photographers.

Price will be around $8000 with the 63mm lens included.

Great news if true.

Cheers,
Bernard

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 08:43:25 am »

Not sure the actual camera will be shipping to the average photographer on the 23rd, as preordering is still not possible.  But maybe by the end of March, still a long way out. 

Still am wondering if the ES or EFC was enabled somehow by Fuji on this camera, answer I guess will be on the 19th of January when final specs come out. 

Priced at 8K, it will still not be a camera for the masses, IMO.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Stephen Scharf

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 11:05:01 am »

Not sure the actual camera will be shipping to the average photographer on the 23rd, as preordering is still not possible.  But maybe by the end of March, still a long way out. 

Still am wondering if the ES or EFC was enabled somehow by Fuji on this camera, answer I guess will be on the 19th of January when final specs come out. 

Paul Caldwell

People will be able to pre-order once the camera is formally announced on January 19th. As a MF camera, it's not a camera for the masses (think Nikon D5600).

Stephen Scharf

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 11:45:50 am »

Latest info is the body will sell for ~$6499, the 63mm f/2.8 prime $1499.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 12:53:52 pm »

Hi Paul,

I would argue that electronic first curtain or ES is a most important issue for a camera like the GFX.

I am shooting a Sony A7rII now, but I skipped over the Sony A7r because it didn't have an electronic first shutter curtain. My Alpha 77 SLT had it, and I was pretty sure it was a good feature.

With the A7rII EFCS arrived and I ordered it as soon I could. It was a long wait, but I am happy with my choice.

Best regards
Erik

Paul Caldwell
Erik Kaffehr

TonyVentourisPhotography

• Unlocking Olympus
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 02:39:17 pm »

It will be interesting to watch its adoption into the market place and what new customers start doing with them.  Both canon and nikon flagships run around the $6,000 - $6,500 mark.  Leica M and SL are both around that mark.  Sony's is half of that.  Pentax 645 is around the $7k mark.  Aside from used Leica S bodies, this will be really the first time that medium format in a smaller more compact body gets into the hands of people at a price they are already used to.  I'm looking forward to trying the new system.  I think I am more in anticipation of what kind of integration will come in the form of leaf shutters or adapted lens as they have alluded to. 
Tony
Unlockingolympus.com (ebooks & blog on getting the most from your OMD & Pen)
tonyventourisphotography.com (Commercial Photography)

algrove

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 06:40:13 pm »

It will be interesting to watch its adoption into the market place and what new customers start doing with them.  Both canon and nikon flagships run around the $6,000 - $6,500 mark.  Leica M and SL are both around that mark.  Sony's is half of that.  Pentax 645 is around the $7k mark.  Aside from used Leica S bodies, this will be really the first time that medium format in a smaller more compact body gets into the hands of people at a price they are already used to.  I'm looking forward to trying the new system.  I think I am more in anticipation of what kind of integration will come in the form of leaf shutters or adapted lens as they have alluded to.

If  you can find me an M or SL at $6000-$6500 let me know as I have been waiting for that low a price. Sure 645Z can be had for those prices in some places.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 08:49:37 pm »

If  you can find me an M or SL at $6000-$6500 let me know as I have been waiting for that low a price. Sure 645Z can be had for those prices in some places.

Don't know if they ship outside Japan, but these like new second hand SL are in your target price range:

https://search.mapcamera.com/?igngkeyword=1&keyword=Leica%20SL&page=2&sort=keyword&thumbnail=twosome

Cheers,
Bernard

william

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2017, 08:53:16 pm »

Just bought a certified pre-owned SL for substantially less than $6000 from Leica Miami.  You just have to look around and be patient. 

Jost von Allmen

• https://www.jostvonallmen.com
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 04:24:10 pm »

I played with a GFX at the Fuji booth at the Photo17 in Zürich yesterday, Friday 6th, and I can confirm that there isn't just a setting for a EFC but for an ES altogether:
Fuji have implemented a fully electronic shutter!
With that particular setting, the camera functions absolutely silently, any vibrations are totally absent.
As I wasn't able to use my own SD-Card to store the images, I cannot comment on any possibly negative impact on dynamic range when using the ES, like on the Sony A7RII.
Overall the camera worked very convincingly, the firmware seems well developped.
The menu is pretty much the same as with the X-T2 and the X-Pro2, but I only have very limited experience with those cameras.
They also had the first three lenses there, everything made a very good impression.
The rep told me shipping should start in march, no information about pricing yet.

Best

Jost

Jost von Allmen
Switzerland
www.jostvonallmen.com

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2017, 04:39:16 pm »

That is great news!

Best regards
Erik

I played with a GFX at the Fuji booth at the Photo17 in Zürich yesterday, Friday 6th, and I can confirm that there isn't just a setting for a EFC but for an ES altogether:
With that particular setting, the camera functions absolutely silently, any vibrations are totally absent.
As I wasn't able to use my own SD-Card to store the images, I cannot comment on any possibly negative impact on dynamic range when using the ES, like on the Sony A7RII.
Overall the camera worked very convincingly, the firmware seems well developped.
The menu is pretty much the same as with the X-T2 and the X-Pro2, but I only have very limited experience with those cameras.
They also had the first three lenses there, everything made a very good impression.
The rep told me shipping should start in march, no information about pricing yet.

Best

Jost
Erik Kaffehr

hubell

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2017, 04:43:41 pm »

Best

Jost

Is there a separate setting for EFCS as well as a setting for ES?
Pages: [1]   Go Up