Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad Acquired By DJI  (Read 20517 times)

BartvanderWolf

Re: Hasselblad Acquired By DJI
« Reply #180 on: January 27, 2017, 07:47:35 AM »

Perry has been a great CEO but has decided it is time to step down, he will be sorely missed.

Hi Nick,

The timing of it is just too coincidental with the majority stake takeover by DJI to be (the job is done) credible.

I'm afraid this may cause a huge amount of pre-order cancellations, which would be a shame.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

NickT

« Reply #181 on: January 27, 2017, 02:26:43 PM »

Hi Nick,

The timing of it is just too coincidental with the majority stake takeover by DJI to be (the job is done) credible.

I'm afraid this may cause a huge amount of pre-order cancellations, which would be a shame.

Cheers,
Bart

Sorry Bart but people are not going to change their mind about buying a camera because of a management change... Now they are finally shipping decent numbers I think they'll see an uptick in orders.

ndevlin

• Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #182 on: January 27, 2017, 05:52:51 PM »

This is  very disappointing development.  Perry was one of the few CEOs in the industry who "got it".  His thinly-veiled  ouster by the new ownership does not bode particularly well, as I am sure it will have a negative morale impact in what is a very small company. 

As one of the few people who's shot with an X1D, I can say they have made a beautiful r/evolutionary (if still flawed) camera, and Perry gets the credit.  I wish him well.

- N.
Nick Devlin   @onelittlecamera        www.nickdevlin.com

scyth

« Reply #183 on: January 27, 2017, 06:08:46 PM »

Sorry Bart but people are not going to change their mind about buying a camera because of a management change... Now they are finally shipping decent numbers I think they'll see an uptick in orders.

uptick in cancellations and uptick in orders will go hand in hand
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up