Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: On1 Raw and Sony Cameras  (Read 3783 times)

RichardGraves

• http://homepage/mac.com/rdgraves1
On1 Raw and Sony Cameras
« on: January 02, 2017, 11:47:07 am »

Used On1 Raw with my Sony RX-100 M3 and found that they didn't correct for barrel distortion out of the camera metadata (or wherever Sony stores the automatic lens correction stuff).  This is contrary to Lightroom and Luminar which does this correction.  This makes On1 Raw unsuitable for Sony shooters who rely on the in-camera corrections to be applied to their raw files by the raw converter.

Pelzmann

Re: On1 Raw and Sony Cameras
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 03:15:59 am »

At this time ON1 does not provide ANY lens corrections - they aren't just ignoring Sony. I understand lens corrections are high on their feature priority list.

Hoggy

• Never take life, or anything in it, too seriously.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 06:26:14 pm »

Wow.. How can they be taking this product seriously if a release version is missing basic stuff like lens correction?

???    :o

Plus I hear quality isn't so great, either.
Cams: Pentax K-3, K-30 & Canon G7X, S100
Firm supporter of DNG, throwing away originals.
It's the hash, man..  That good hash!

Pelzmann

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 08:24:31 pm »

Well, some people have found the stability and lack of critical features unacceptable, and have asked for a refund. Others see enough potential to continue their hope that ON1 will fully deliver a great product in the next 3 to 6 months. You could make a strong case that making a FREE beta copy available, and delaying the official release for 3 to 6 months would have been much better for their reputation and customer relations.

mwr

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 10:26:51 pm »

I tried the free-trial On1 Raw with my RX100 III and found the unacceptable distortion mentioned above and also considerably more noise in high ISO shots than with DxO 11 Elite. I deleted it from my computer and no longer trust anything that company says.

TheDocAUS

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 04:51:16 pm »

Can I suggest some people read what ON1 put out about the product before they start complaining.

ON1 made it clear, from the start, that lens correction would come later in the development cycle (not the initial release) and they even gave an estimate of when. If lens correction is a must have, wait until it is available before you test the product. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up