Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: composites  (Read 717 times)

visualizer

composites
« on: January 01, 2017, 02:46:43 pm »

I have read on this website that digital technology has enhanced the characteristics of
photography. I offer 2 real world examples of this.  The first image came as result
of my quest to produce an image that illustrated the grace of a throw by a disc golfer.
The second, a result of the challenge to visualize the action of synchronized flying kites
as they moved with the music from their 3 controllers. For my first challenge I needed to
condense the 6 second flight of a flying disc. The second challenge was to image  kites moving
 at 60 MPH to music by 3 operators to a music score into an understandable final picture. These
 were real world problems that single shots could not capture. For the disc golf shot I
decided that a very long lens could compress the 200 yard coverage  of the action into a
single image. I set my Pentax K200 on burst mode and got about 15 usable shots.
The background was the first picture as the disc left the throwers hand,  and then I added
the remaining discs from their positions in the other pictures. I needed to interpolate a second
 set of discs to get the pattern that I wanted to achieve. It took 33 layers to finish the shot.
 Thankfully the disc golfer nearly hit a hole in one on this wind driven challenge.
 The second shot was the result of two Fuji Velvia slides, one shot at 1/2000 of a second, the
 other about a 1/2 second. The 1/2 second shot became the background, and the fast shot
 supplied the kites. I had to rearrange the trails from the slow shot to match the high speed
 kites.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: composites
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 04:15:30 pm »

Good stuff, Viz. Do you actually have a name?
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

visualizer

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 04:51:35 pm »

I should have signed
I go by John M R

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 04:57:33 pm »

Yeah, I guess I should have remembered that. Very interesting stuff John.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.
Pages: [1]   Go Up