Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Inkjet Printing on Vellum  (Read 1401 times)

deanwork

Inkjet Printing on Vellum
« on: December 31, 2016, 01:41:36 pm »

I do a lot of printing on translucent surfaces like thin Japanese silk, thin kozo, gauze,etc.

What I need is to find a good vellum paper that is translucent that doesn't have a lot of dot spread on inkjet. I tried some years ago that looked great with dye inks but I always had too much bleed with pigments.

What are people using these days for vellum?

John

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
Re: Inkjet Printing on Vellum
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 03:02:20 pm »

I haven't done much on vellum, but this is the source for the roll of vellum I have on the shelf:  https://www.buyrolls.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=vellum

I use the 20# inkjet vellum stock. You can change the opacity by selecting a lighter weight vellum.  Looks like from RB converting as the manufacturer/supplier.

ken

deanwork

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 03:16:35 pm »

Thanks Ken,

Have you ever printed text on it? Just wondering about the resolution.

john

I haven't done much on vellum, but this is the source for the roll of vellum I have on the shelf:  https://www.buyrolls.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=vellum

I use the 20# inkjet vellum stock. You can change the opacity by selecting a lighter weight vellum.  Looks like from RB converting as the manufacturer/supplier.

ken

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 03:33:55 pm »

Yes, text turns out fine. No idea on actual resolution, but assume that it would be technically less than white paper. The project I worked on required printing the text on the vellum and then placing it as an overlay over an image.  You'll have to experiment a bit (color, opacity, drop shadow, etc) to optimize the presentation, but it looks pretty good when all is said and done.  :)

ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up