Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is your #1 request for manufacturers in 2017?  (Read 7465 times)

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Re: What is your #1 request for manufacturers in 2017?
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2017, 12:02:46 PM »

Always on my wish-list, high quality medium aperture lenses…

Question is will I buy, are they good enough?

Best regards
Erik

Pardon much overlap with previous posts:

- Olympus/Panasonic: more good "mid-speed" zoom lenses, f/2.8-3.5 or f/2.8-4, for the Micro Four Thirds system. That sort of f-stop range allows designs with wider zoom ranges than constant f/2.8 with little or no more bulk than constant f/4 zooms, and so keeps down the weight of a kit covering my desired wide range of focal lengths while making manual focusing easier than slower lenses.
- Olympus: on-sensor PDAF in every MFT body, not just the flag-ships.
- Panasonic: good IBIS in every MFT body, so I can use all my Olympus lenses on them.
- Everyone: greatly improved WiFi and BlueTooth capabilities and user interfaces. Camera makers could learn a lot from mobile phone makers!  Things like wireless auto-upload to a computer (at least of preview JPEGs) and using a phone as a remote control and as a field uploading tool.
- Every mirrorless system: EVFs with lag clearly less than any SLR's mirror-lifting lag. That would leave only the handing of very high contrast scenes as the last barrier to EVF cameras completely surpassing OVF cameras for all practical purposes.
- Nikon: get serious about EVF cameras—this time in "DX" format—now that Canon has raised its game with the EOS M5 and M6 bodies.

(It would also be nice to see accessory EVFs for DSLRs, for video usage in particular, but I no longer have any interest in using DSLRs, so that is not on my wish list.)

stevenfr

Re: What is your #1 request for manufacturers in 2017?
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2017, 04:50:38 PM »

A panoramic digital camera. It will never happen, but one can dream.

Steven

http://www.friedmanphoto.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up