Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking like no C1 support for Fuji GFX  (Read 7730 times)

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: Looking like no C1 support for Fuji GFX
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2017, 02:05:40 am »

How are you finding your H6D-100c compared to D810 with Otus lenses?

I will need to get the camera first before being able to answer this... ;)

Hasselblad Japan is telling me it shouldn't last too long.

But I'll probably join the club and claim it is incredibly better because of how much I paid for it. :)

Cheers,
Bernard

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2017, 05:08:45 am »

Hi Bernard,

I have no doubt it will be great as long as your images are not out of Phocus :-)

I really look forward to read more about your findings. What lenses do you plan to use?

Best regards
Erik

But I'll probably join the club and claim it is incredibly better because of how much I paid for it. :)

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 05:13:36 am by ErikKaffehr »
Erik Kaffehr

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2017, 05:20:24 am »

I have no doubt it will be great as long as your images are not out of Phocus :-)

I really look forward to read more about your findings. What lenses do you plan to use?

Thanks.

I plan to use the 28mm, 50mm II, 100mm (new), 120mm II and 300mm for now.

I have also purchased a used Arca R3 that could become my main landscape set up after Hasselblad gets their act together and provides a workable solution to use the H6D-100c back on tech cameras. Which I am told should happen soonish.

Cheers,
Bernard

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2017, 08:05:37 am »

Hi,

Will be interesting how they compare to your Otus lenses.

I would guess that you will see some axial chroma at large apertures…

Best regards
Erik

Thanks.

I plan to use the 28mm, 50mm II, 100mm (new), 120mm II and 300mm for now.

I have also purchased a used Arca R3 that could become my main landscape set up after Hasselblad gets their act together and provides a workable solution to use the H6D-100c back on tech cameras. Which I am told should happen soonish.

Cheers,
Bernard
Erik Kaffehr

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2017, 08:19:05 am »

I have not followed the H6D-100 closely since announcement.  Did Hasselblad implement a ES shutter on it? or do they have plans to do this in the future?

For my work, on the Phase the ES has made a huge difference.  Not just on tech camera, but on the XF also.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2017, 10:00:15 am »

Hi Paul,

I am aware of ES helping a lot. Is it also helpful with LS lenses?

I would expect that it is quite a bit subject dependent as the electronic shutter curtains travel very slow.

Don't know if Hasselblad implements it. The sensor has the capability for sure.

Best regards
Erik

I have not followed the H6D-100 closely since announcement.  Did Hasselblad implement a ES shutter on it? or do they have plans to do this in the future?

For my work, on the Phase the ES has made a huge difference.  Not just on tech camera, but on the XF also.

Paul Caldwell
Erik Kaffehr

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2017, 10:12:02 am »

Hi Eric,

The ES, IMO, is the single most significant feature upgrade Phase One ever offered past the 1 hour exposures on the old P45+.

The LS shutter works OK on wide to medium focal length, but for me the ES makes a huge difference for 75mm and up.  Especially with the 240LS, where shutter shock or mirror vibration tend to create issues.  I briefly tried the Mamiya 300, older lens, but much lighter than the 240LS, but on the 100, I had considerable issue with shutter shock/mirror shock, enough that working panos (which I do a lot of) was problematic as I never was able to get 4 in row with all the same focus quality. 

The IQ100 still surprises me daily with just how much finer details can be perceived when it's used with good support, combined with the amazing DR, and it's a excellent platform. 

My only issue is the mass and weight of both the XF and current Schneider lenses (80-40, 75-150 240LS) all of which constitute use of a tripod most of the time (at least for me).  I still like the freedom of being able to hand hold and get low that a mirrorless solution offers or a DSLR with a tilting screen.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2017, 10:26:44 am »

Hi Paul,

Thanks for feedback!

Quite obviously, with the recent sensor resolutions we need to put a lot of effort into shooting technique.

Best regards
Erik

Hi Eric,

The ES, IMO, is the single most significant feature upgrade Phase One ever offered past the 1 hour exposures on the old P45+.

The LS shutter works OK on wide to medium focal length, but for me the ES makes a huge difference for 75mm and up.  Especially with the 240LS, where shutter shock or mirror vibration tend to create issues.  I briefly tried the Mamiya 300, older lens, but much lighter than the 240LS, but on the 100, I had considerable issue with shutter shock/mirror shock, enough that working panos (which I do a lot of) was problematic as I never was able to get 4 in row with all the same focus quality. 

The IQ100 still surprises me daily with just how much finer details can be perceived when it's used with good support, combined with the amazing DR, and it's a excellent platform. 

My only issue is the mass and weight of both the XF and current Schneider lenses (80-40, 75-150 240LS) all of which constitute use of a tripod most of the time (at least for me).  I still like the freedom of being able to hand hold and get low that a mirrorless solution offers or a DSLR with a tilting screen.

Paul Caldwell
Erik Kaffehr

jvpictures

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2017, 11:23:36 am »

Paul Caldwell

This official letter from H dated October reveals their plans and promises, also for technical camera support and E-Shutters...

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2017, 12:19:13 pm »

Thanks I guess time will tell. Glad to see they are planning it for the future as it's a great asset.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

rgmoore

• http://
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2017, 12:35:58 pm »

Cheers,
Bernard

Thank you Bernard.  I look forward to your impressions and your images.

Joe Towner

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2017, 01:09:59 pm »

As for C1 support for other MF platforms, it is a known static stance, and I don't blame them.  The 50mp example is already shown in the support for the Canon 5Ds/R platform.  If they were to charge a $500 premium per license to work with Hasselblad originating files would you pay it?
t: @PNWMF

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2017, 01:34:54 pm »

I would sure consider it.

The flood gates are getting ready to open with the 50MP chip, much more than ever before.  If Phase One doesn't want to take advantage of 100% profit opportunities as all software sales are, then that is their call.  Odds are a Sony MF camera will also be around in 2017, so that is a possible 3 different 1/4 cost alternatives from the IQ350 or even the IQ150 new, (adding in an XF and one lens).

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2017, 01:47:25 pm »

This official letter from H dated October reveals their plans and promises, also for technical camera support and E-Shutters...

Based on context I think it's safe to assume the "e-shutter" referenced here is the Rodenstock eShutter - in other words basic compatibility with technical/view cameras. Have they enabled that on the h6d-100c since this letter?

It is not referring to a sensor-based electronic shutter. They may choose to do the R+D to provide that more advanced feature at some point but I assume they'd only start after they have completed more basic features like tech camera support and also shipped a meaningful quantity of the overdue X1D.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 02:04:44 pm by Doug Peterson »

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2017, 03:21:18 pm »

Doug is correct.

Cheers,
Bernard

8x10nut

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2017, 06:08:47 pm »

Definitely, maybe

http://www.fujirumors.com/phaseone-managment-corrects-fujifilm-gfx-support-not-yet-decided-depends-gfx-market-impact/

Not that it's official yet, but on Fuji Rumors a new post reflects a direct question to Phase One for possible support for the Fuji GFX, and the Phase One response is the usual, "no support will be offered as it's not a policy to support our competitors".

Most unfortunate and to me a bit of an oversight, but I guess time will tell.

Looking forward to the Adobe solution since the GFX has no x-trans, Adobe should be able to get a good solution, but the weak link will be tethering for sure.

http://www.fujirumors.com/phase-one-says-capture-one-wont-support-fujifilm-gfx-direct-competitor-core-business/

Paul Caldwell
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 06:13:48 pm by 8x10nut »

calindustries

• http://www.craiglacourt.com
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2017, 11:41:24 pm »

As for C1 support for other MF platforms, it is a known static stance, and I don't blame them.  The 50mp example is already shown in the support for the Canon 5Ds/R platform.  If they were to charge a $500 premium per license to work with Hasselblad originating files would you pay it?
Yes. Yes. Yes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up