Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P800 Firmware Update  (Read 3099 times)

Dale Villeponteaux

P800 Firmware Update
« on: December 29, 2016, 04:13:46 pm »

A firmware update is available for the P800, ver. number 05.24.0R12GC.
It may have been available for sometime as I hadn't printed anything in
several weeks.

Regards,
Dale
My avatar isn't an accurate portrayal; I have much less hair.

BradSmith

Re: P800 Firmware Update
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 11:01:23 pm »

Where did you find this?  I can't find it.

In the US, on a Mac, OS 10.10.x, I go to Epson.com, maneuver to Pro Imaging printers, go to the Surecolor series and select P800.  Under Firmware, it shows "Firmware Update Recovery Mode version OR30G6"  dated 7/22/16   epson dmg17891.dmg

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 12:21:05 am »

On Windows 10 my P800 popped up a notice of the new firmware just today, apparently because I must have set something to let me know of software updates. I installed it OK, but I have no idea what is different.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

unesco

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 03:46:46 am »

I installed it OK, but I have no idea what is different.
Probably improved method to block non-Epson cartridges ;-). Just guessing.
In Europe the new firmware is available since Christmas.

Larry451

epson P800 nozzle check
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 12:01:26 pm »

My epson P800  is getting a nozzle check which is OK  but is printing too light, I can hardly see it
any suggestions.....??
regards
Larry.

JeffS

Re: epson P800 nozzle check
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 12:48:29 pm »

My epson P800  is getting a nozzle check which is OK  but is printing too light, I can hardly see it
any suggestions.....??
regards
Larry.

Are you saying that your nozzle check patch chart is printing too light, or that your actual photos are printing too light? 

Jeff

rdonson

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 02:56:03 pm »

any suggestions.....??
regards
Larry.

I have to resort to a stack of thick, bright white plain paper to see the yellow nozzle check.  Even then I'm looking closely under the light of my print viewing station.
Regards,
Ron

snowrs

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 03:33:51 pm »

Ron,
Get a cheap UV flashlight to view the yellow nozzles' printout.  Shows it as very dark and easy to see.

bob snow

JeffS

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 07:57:15 pm »

I have to resort to a stack of thick, bright white plain paper to see the yellow nozzle check.  Even then I'm looking closely under the light of my print viewing station.

Common issue....the LuLa folks mentioned it when they did their video review.  I use my VisibleDust sensor loupe (same one I use for sensor cleaning check)....magnification and illumination makes the pattern easy to see.  I also used it when I did the recommended print head alignment at set-up.

Jeff

Larry451

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 11:09:49 am »

the nozzle check pattern has no missing nozzles = perfect,  only problem is that is about 60% lighter than it should be and I tried a test print and it too was very light.  I have taken out the carts and given them a shake but that did not help at all.  re-installed the software + the upgrade as well.

regards
Larry.

rdonson

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 12:48:15 pm »

Ron,
Get a cheap UV flashlight to view the yellow nozzles' printout.  Shows it as very dark and easy to see.

bob snow

Thanks for the suggestion, Bob!!!

update:  Ordered one from Amazon
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 12:54:23 pm by rdonson »
Regards,
Ron

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2017, 01:01:17 pm »

the nozzle check pattern has no missing nozzles = perfect,  only problem is that is about 60% lighter than it should be and I tried a test print and it too was very light.  I have taken out the carts and given them a shake but that did not help at all.  re-installed the software + the upgrade as well.

regards
Larry.
Shaking the cartridges won’t change anything.  If the print is too light, but not full of obvious lines (which is typical when nozzles are missing) I can only think of three things off hand that could cause it.

Workflow/software problem.  First step when diagnosing printing problems is to eliminate your own files from the formula and print a known target image that will deliver a well made image if everything is working right.  I like Jack Flesher’s modified version of Bill Atkinson’s original Lab Test page (http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi048/essay.html)  You print that page and the page is light, double check all your color management settings and paper setup types in the printer driver.  Make sure the right version of the driver is actually loaded.

Second, printing on a paper that isn’t designed for pigment inkjet ink, or printing on the wrong side of the paper.  This always appears light and desaturated.

Third, the only printer malfunction I can think that might cause this is failure of the printer to deliver one of the two grey inks across the entire channel, especially the LK.  This ink is used in almost every color the printer makes, and if it’s clogged or missing, things look very strange.  However, I’ve never seen a printer that prints a perfect nozzle check pattern that then fails to print an entire channel of color when printing a print job.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 02:53:51 pm by Wayne Fox »

Larry451

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2017, 10:38:02 am »

thanks Wayne.
 I'll check to see if it's a workflow problem (lightroom).  When I print the nozzle check I do it straight from the printer +  I also use outbackphoto's test print.  I'll try another paper as well + the inks are getting low so maybe it's time to re-order ink (fresh carts)

regards
Larry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up