Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Manual XF  (Read 901 times)

cyron123

Manual XF
« on: December 28, 2016, 09:08:49 am »

Hello,

Normally I am using A mode with my XF phase one camera.

But now I am want to try manual time and aperature. I could change the aperature but not the time. Is there something different after the last update?

With my older DF everything is like Nikon ...

Thank you.
Best regards
Cyron

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
Re: Manual XF
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 10:23:42 am »

By default, in manual mode the rear dial near the viewfinder changes ISO, the rear dial under the top LCD (I think Phase calls it the side dial) changes aperture, and the front dial changes shutter speed (the dial nearest the readout on the top LCD for SS, ISO, or aperture changes that parameter).  These can all be reassigned in the camera setup menu either from the Phase digital back or on the top LCD.  If your camera does not work this way the dials have been reassigned on your camera.  You can either reassign them to however you want the camera to work or reset the camera to defaults.  There was no change to this behavior with the recent FW update.

In order to make it function like a default Nikon, assign the front dial to be aperture and the rear (side) dial to be shutter speed.  This is how I have mine set-up to keep it consistent with my Nikon and Sony cameras.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 10:31:21 am by E.J. Peiker »

cyron123

Re: Manual XF
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 10:56:56 am »

Hello,
i dont know. After update 3 the XF works like this.
Now i have reset the camera and everthing work fine now...

No more actions required. Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up