Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BenQ Displays  (Read 2923 times)

deanwork

BenQ Displays
« on: December 27, 2016, 08:48:39 am »

Any reports on the 32" ? And when they are going to be available?

« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 01:21:28 pm by deanwork »

nirpat89

• Photography by Niranjan Patel
Re: BenQ Displays
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 10:40:46 am »

Wondering if anyone knows anything about or is using the 27" BenQ sw2700PT display that is going for $600.00 and is supposed to have a 90% 1998 RGB color gamut capability?
Personal experience.  I bought one a few months ago - after being impressed by the specs, price and the reviews.  I returned it back within days.  After I turned it on, I found the brightness varied greatly with a constant gradient from one side to the other.  Additionally the corners seemed like there was light oozing out.  So much for wide color gamut and 178 degree viewing angle.   I have noticed that frequently in the reviews and forums, not in lula, they use the term "good sample" or something similar to suggest there are quality issues.  I don't know if these wide gamut IPS based technology is ready for the prime time or not.  Since then I have been disappointed by 2 different laptops as well that had APS based displays.  I think I am going to wait for a little while to let them figure out the problems before buying another super-dooper monitor after this experience. 
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 11:01:18 am by nirpat89 »

deanwork

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 10:50:27 pm »

Yes, that is what I have been hearing. It is a crapshoot for a high gamut display other than NEC or Eizo. You get the engineering you pay for. As far as LG goes, even their wide screen tvs are prone with issues and die quickly in my experience.

Personal experience.  I bought one a few months ago - after being impressed by the specs, price and the reviews.  I returned it back within days.  After I turned it on, I found the brightness varied greatly with a constant gradient from one side to the other.  Additionally the corners seemed like there was light oozing out.  So much for wide color gamut and 178 degree viewing angle.   I have noticed that frequently in the reviews and forums, not in lula, they use the term "good sample" or something similar to suggest there are quality issues.  I don't know if these wide gamut IPS based technology is ready for the prime time or not.  Since then I have been disappointed by 2 different laptops as well that had APS based displays.  I think I am going to wait for a little while to let them figure out the problems before buying another super-dooper monitor after this experience.

brianrybolt

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 05:11:44 am »

I've had mine now for about 4-6 weeks and it seems fine to me.  Much, Much better than my 27inch iMac screen.  Easy to set up and calibrate and it comes with a very good hood.  It seems to be easier on my eyes - don't know why.  In the UK, BenQ support is quite good.  No problems to date.

Brian

deanwork

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 10:41:10 am »

How long is your warranty period for the BenQ? The Nec is 3 years still I believe. That is what mine was.

john

I've had mine now for about 4-6 weeks and it seems fine to me.  Much, Much better than my 27inch iMac screen.  Easy to set up and calibrate and it comes with a very good hood.  It seems to be easier on my eyes - don't know why.  In the UK, BenQ support is quite good.  No problems to date.

Brian

brianrybolt

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 11:11:48 am »

How long is your warranty period for the BenQ? The Nec is 3 years still I believe. That is what mine was.

john

Warranty is a paltry 1 year.

Royce Howland

• Vivid Aspect Photography
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 11:42:51 am »

The BenQ SW2700PT warranty in Canada and the USA is 3 years. This thread is also going on in another forum here, which is where I've been commenting. Without repeating all that I've said there, I've run a lot of NEC displays for years and I'm trying out the BenQ 27" currently. It works well for me, to the extent that I'll order up one of their new 4K SW320 models when in ships in the near future.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 12:43:23 pm »

Warranty is a paltry 1 year.

FYI,

The minimum warranty in the European Union for these items is 2 years after receipt of the goods, by EU law.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

brianrybolt

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016, 12:45:57 pm »

FYI,

The minimum warranty in the European Union for these items is 2 years after receipt of the goods, by EU law.

Cheers,
Bart

Calumet from where I bought it in London, told me the warranty was only one year.  I hope you're right.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2016, 01:58:27 pm »

Calumet from where I bought it in London, told me the warranty was only one year.  I hope you're right.

Hi Brian,

You should be safe, until the actual Brexit anyway. EU consumer protection law dictates a minimum of 2 years. So Calumet is wrong.

National law in my country stipulates that the period should be at least for a reasonable average expected period of use, which may mean 5+ years for some appliances (say washing machines), shorter for others (but never shorter than the EU directive).

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 02:05:27 pm by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Hegemonious

• Farrare Studios
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 03:51:17 pm »

I've been using the BenQ 2700 for about eight months and mine works very well. It's not a NEC or Ezio in terms of performance however it's a solid upgrade from my old sRGB monitor. I'd stay away from the tv manufactures also 4k was too high of a resolution for my photoshop work.

Lonnie

keithcooper

• Northlight Images
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2017, 12:38:36 pm »

I've had a 2700 here for a while and have been very satisfied with the quality - I know some have returned a few with QC issues, but with -any- monitor I'd want to give it a thorough check on delivery.

I wrote up some thoughts on its use at http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/benq-sw2700pt-monitor-review/

Hoping to get a chance to test the new 32" 4k  SW320 before too long :-)

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2017, 05:53:50 am »

Hoping to get a chance to test the new 32" 4k  SW320 before too long :-)

Keith I have been living with the new 32" UHD display for two weeks now - review in the works...
Wild Nature Photo Travel

davidgp

• davidgp fotografia
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2017, 04:15:36 am »

Keith I have been living with the new 32" UHD display for two weeks now - review in the works...
Looking forward to read it

FrankStark

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2017, 11:24:09 am »

Have been using my Sw2700pt for about 4 months now. A bit step up for me, and no problems that I am aware of.

F.
"We shoot the things that move us in ways that will move others."  David duChemin
Pages: [1]   Go Up