Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop going anti-human?  (Read 1327 times)

Rob C

Photoshop going anti-human?
« on: December 24, 2016, 08:03:37 am »

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has come across this odd behaviour before, and knows how to get rid of it and back to normal functioning of PS CS2.

When I click onto Curves, the graph that appears seems to looks normal to me, but the moment I try to take the arrow to the diagonal in an attempt to change anything, such as raising or lowering highlights etc, then instead of having the usual arrow pointer with which to adjust the positions on the diagonal line, the arrow instantly becomes a dropper symbol and does nothing! No, none of the little boxes for maximum white, black or mid-grey is triggered.

I have no recollection of having changed anything, and hope somebody knows how to get the dropper to become an arrow again. As it stands, I simply can't do any more correction work with images.

Any help much appreciated!

Rob C

CeeVee

Re: Photoshop going anti-human?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 08:06:58 am »

Check your preferences for "precise" and your default pointer for "eyedropper"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Rob C

Re: Photoshop going anti-human?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 08:25:00 am »

Check your preferences for "precise" and your default pointer for "eyedropper"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Thanks - just found out that the little boxes next to the Input Output signs solve the problem if I click on the sinusoidal graphic which then goes bue, and gives me a + that can be moved to the diagonal to change the settings for the different parts I try to adjust! (And I had sweetly imagined that I was using an arrow and not a + sign to move life around... )

Thing is, the next time that I go to Curves, the problem is repeated and I have to click the little sinusoidal curve box agaoin, which never was the case before.

Thanks again,

Rob

P.S. And now it does not repeat the reverting trick, and seems normal!
Pages: [1]   Go Up