Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Is the X1D really shipping?????  (Read 20864 times)

gasol

Re: Is the X1D really shipping?????
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2017, 11:06:27 am »

Hasselblad was bought by a PE Company some years ago. https://www.engadget.com/2011/07/05/hasselblad-acquired-by-ventizz-capital-fund-will-explore-brand/  My best guess is that the choice of products they launched a few years ago, and the timing of when to start taking orders for the new X1D, was decissions made by the investment people in the PE fund, and not by the tech people at Hasselblad.
Ventizz bought it in 2011, which indicates that the specific fund that bought it soon needs to sell Hasselblad to someone else in order to return the money to their investors. They managed to divest a minority interest late 2015, http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/5/9674514/dji-hasselblad-acquisition-drones-cameras , which explains why Hasselblad suddenly provides (at least the brand for) a drone camera.
There is so much more to business than the needs and preferences of people taking pictures.

vampire

« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2017, 09:08:56 pm »

Sure the investors always want to make money, but I think the the timing was more to get ahead of the Fuji release and I really think that Hasselblad did not anticipate the delay that they are experiencing now. I think they want the camera to be perfect before releasing it to customers and judging from the demo I used this weekend, they are close to that. Included in the lens box that B&H is shipping (even before the cameras are shipping) there is a slip of paper that says you get an additional year of warranty if you register your lens with your camera prior to December 31st. So they clearly anticipated shipping the cameras before the end of the year. Hopefully they will start getting into customers hands soon!

Graham Welland

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2017, 07:15:55 am »

Show me just one legitimate delivery to prove that this isn't a shill scenario. Just one ... genuine non dealer or H ambassador.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 07:24:06 am by Graham Welland »
Graham

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2017, 05:58:09 pm »

See getdpi from BH

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

ddanois

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2017, 09:46:14 pm »

Show me just one legitimate delivery to prove that this isn't a shill scenario. Just one ... genuine non dealer or H ambassador.

I can assure you that I'm no shill for Hasselblad and I received my shipping confirmation notice today from B&H today. My X1D is now with UPS and is scheduled to arrive Wednesday by noon EST.

I'm sure it's not many but they are in fact shipping to end user customers.

Derek

Michael Erlewine

• MacroStop.com
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2017, 03:01:33 am »

I spoke with B&H yesterday and went into the components of my X1D order. What they told me is that they have the 45mm and 90mm lenses, but the camera, batteries, and charger are not in and they have no idea when they will be.
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com. Founder MacroStop.com, MichaelErlewine.com, YouTube.com/user/merlewine

JKevinScott

« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2017, 08:17:36 am »

I spoke with B&H yesterday and went into the components of my X1D order. What they told me is that they have the 45mm and 90mm lenses, but the camera, batteries, and charger are not in and they have no idea when they will be.

I'm happy for folks who are getting their cameras (and for their eBay arbitrage opportunity), but I'm not sure that makes the waiting game any better for other folks.   :)

hasselbladfan

« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2017, 09:39:39 am »

This morning I got an email from Hasselblad if I wanted to demo the X1D.

I told them already that in July, but they seem to have forgotten.

Must mean that some cameras are coming out of the pipeline.

There is hope ........

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2017, 11:28:18 pm »

It probably means they are not happy with 30000 preorders they cannot fulfil...

Best regards
Erik

This morning I got an email from Hasselblad if I wanted to demo the X1D.

I told them already that in July, but they seem to have forgotten.

Must mean that some cameras are coming out of the pipeline.

There is hope ........
Erik Kaffehr

jvpictures

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2017, 05:09:19 pm »

Yes it is (regarding the original thread title)!
I got mine production version today together with the 45mm lens. First in my area and third in the world (first is true and the latter is not for sure, but doesn't really matter though....).

Just some quick additional infos:

1. selection of various focus points works well by the front and back wheel when in focus point selection modus (after pressing the top camera located focus button for little longer than a second or so). One can do this with looking at the live view LCD and also by touching the targeted focus point directly on the LCD. Moreover, the selection with front/back wheel (normally for aperture and shutter selection) is also possible when looking through the viewfinder, meaning that one can do the changes without having to take the eye away from the viewfinder. Quite nice IMO or actually rather brilliant!

2. When looking at the live view LCD and manual focusing (rotating the lens jut a little) the LCD goes immediately to 100% for accurate focus acquisition and goes back to normal full view when stopping rotating the lens. Really smart feature, bravo Hasselblad! This feature can be put On or Off in the menu.

That's all for now, she is charging....
(sorry, only iPhone night images, too lazy now....)

Michael Erlewine

• MacroStop.com
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2017, 06:47:06 pm »

Yes it is (regarding the original thread title)!
I got mine production version today together with the 45mm lens. First in my area and third in the world (first is true and the latter is not for sure, but doesn't really matter though....).

Just some quick additional infos:

1. selection of various focus points works well by the front and back wheel when in focus point selection modus (after pressing the top camera located focus button for little longer than a second or so). One can do this with looking at the live view LCD and also by touching the targeted focus point directly on the LCD. Moreover, the selection with front/back wheel (normally for aperture and shutter selection) is also possible when looking through the viewfinder, meaning that one can do the changes without having to take the eye away from the viewfinder. Quite nice IMO or actually rather brilliant!

2. When looking at the live view LCD and manual focusing (rotating the lens jut a little) the LCD goes immediately to 100% for accurate focus acquisition and goes back to normal full view when stopping rotating the lens. Really smart feature, bravo Hasselblad! This feature can be put On or Off in the menu.

That's all for now, she is charging....
(sorry, only iPhone night images, too lazy now....)

Congratulations! Where do you live?

I still have heard nothing.
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com. Founder MacroStop.com, MichaelErlewine.com, YouTube.com/user/merlewine

Lust4Life

• Shadows Dancing
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2017, 07:46:09 pm »

I checked with my dealer in FL today and he has not received ANY cameras yet.
Orders were placed promptly upon press release of the camera.

jb

hubell

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2017, 09:28:29 pm »

I checked with my dealer in FL today and he has not received ANY cameras yet.
Orders were placed promptly upon press release of the camera.

jb

Strange. None of the dealers in the US have received any shipments. One camera was shipped from B&H but the speculation is that was a dealer demo.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2017, 09:32:43 pm »

Looking forward to hearing more and seeing some images.

That is a nice feature, important for a mirrorless with live view focusing in manual mode. I think it's pretty standard on most mirrorless cameras now as long as you are using a lens designed for the body.  I know I've had it on my Sony's for a long time, it really works well. 

jvpictures

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2017, 03:25:51 am »

Switzerland. But it is cold over here these days.

Chris Livsey

« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2017, 03:27:13 am »

The strap goes on my want list  ;)

jvpictures

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2017, 06:11:06 am »

Stephen Scharf

« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2017, 03:04:41 pm »

Mid-January 2107 and from all appearances, three cameras have shipped, and none in North America. Man, I feel for those folks that placed their orders back in July and are still waiting....(some of whom sold their gear to pay for the X1D).

Michael Erlewine

• MacroStop.com
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2017, 03:13:28 pm »

Mid-January 2107 and from all appearances, three cameras have shipped, and none in North America. Man, I feel for those folks that placed their orders back in July and are still waiting....(some of whom sold their gear to pay for the X1D).

That would be me. I sold many lenses to raise the money, which I have, for the X1D system, so I am beyond eager. I have ceased to struggle and moan about Hasselblad's lack of communication. I wait, but I also actively am studying the specs of the Fuji GFX camera. It also has a lot to like, including Fuji's track record of excellence, even providing Hasselblad with lenses, etc.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2017, 04:09:06 pm »

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for comment. On my A7rII the focus magnification goes to 5.5 when I rotate the focusing ring. I feel that 5.5 is pretty useless, 11X is much more usable. So I really hate that feature…

Have you found a way to invoke 11X magnification as default?

Best regards
Erik

That is a nice feature, important for a mirrorless with live view focusing in manual mode. I think it's pretty standard on most mirrorless cameras now as long as you are using a lens designed for the body.  I know I've had it on my Sony's for a long time, it really works well.
Erik Kaffehr

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up