Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saving as srgb in photoshop causes trouble  (Read 32077 times)

marc.s

Saving as srgb in photoshop causes trouble
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2006, 03:24:57 pm »

I'm not sure what more to say, I get confused by the posts here because they seem to contradict each other somewhat, and everything I've tried so far has not changed my main problem.

Since jani had different results than me I'm going to posts some tests on the web and view from another computer to see what it looks like. If I find anything interesting I'll let you know.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2006, 03:34:56 pm »

Pretend this thread never happened.  Buy the book mentioned before.  Read it.  Implement.  If you still have issues open a new thread.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2006, 07:06:35 pm »

I'm not sure what more to say, I get confused by the posts here because they seem to contradict each other somewhat, and everything I've tried so far has not changed my main problem.

No actually, pretty much everybody has been in agreement...your previous approach to color management was flawed...you -STILL- haven't answered the basic question of WHY you changed your color settings to No Color Manament and turned off all the warnings. This is fundimentally where you went wrong. What you did with your settings was a pretty big mistake and has led you down the road to basically loosing control over your color management.

You still haven't stated whether or not you've changed your color settings and to what you've changed them to, so we're really all guessing what your problem is.

marc.s

« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2006, 10:09:42 am »

No actually, pretty much everybody has been in agreement...your previous approach to color management was flawed...you -STILL- haven't answered the basic question of WHY you changed your color settings to No Color Manament and turned off all the warnings. This is fundimentally where you went wrong. What you did with your settings was a pretty big mistake and has led you down the road to basically loosing control over your color management.

You still haven't stated whether or not you've changed your color settings and to what you've changed them to, so we're really all guessing what your problem is.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=72181\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This is not true. I didn't say why the settings were changed because I don't know why they were changed. I don't see how it's important that they were changed because:

I changed them to what has been recommended here. I have stated that multiple times. I have followed everything step-by-step as some people have kindly instructed me to do. I have used fresh raw files after having changed everything as recommended.

In other words, whatever happened in the past is completely irrelevant. And yet, the problem is exactly the same as it was before I started this thread.

Dark Penguin. Yeah, I agree. Except I already have digital dog's book and have not found any answers in it so far that helps me.

I'll do some testing with other computers and see what happens though. Everyone who has tried to help, thank you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up