Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is your imaging color space?  (Read 14208 times)

Tim Lookingbill

What is your imaging color space?
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2006, 02:24:31 pm »

Coming from a painting background a rule of thumb taught by many instructors for creating the illusion of depth on a 2D surface is to have the foreground advance by accentuating contrast, color and definition while making the background recede by doing the exact opposite.

I've looked at a lot of big country since I've been surrounded by it living in Texas all my life and I have to say my eyes agrees with this. I just wish landscape photographers would process their images the same way.

SMGreenfield

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2006, 04:04:03 pm »

If you're on Mac, download the Lightroom beta and just use this. Which workspace to use then becomes irrelevant. Watch the two videos to get you started:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom/
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=70820\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

OK, I love Adobe products anyway.

So -- should I ONLY be shooting RAW?  Do I completely stop using Image Capture/iPhoto/Photoshop CS?

Stephen

SMGreenfield

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2006, 04:19:32 pm »

If you're on Mac, download the Lightroom beta and just use this. Which workspace to use then becomes irrelevant. Watch the two videos to get you started:

Uh, oh -- does Lightroom require a version of Photoshop CS2 with the 3.x version of Camera RAW?  Because 3.x Camera Raw will not work with Photoshop CS1 -- which is what I've got.

Stephen Best

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2006, 10:13:44 pm »

Uh, oh -- does Lightroom require a version of Photoshop CS2 with the 3.x version of Camera RAW?  Because 3.x Camera Raw will not work with Photoshop CS1 -- which is what I've got.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=70883\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's a standalone product with its own built-in raw processing. The controls are similar to those from ACR. It costs nothing to try and will give you a good idea of where you want go in the future.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up