Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Noise Reduction in Capture One  (Read 1816 times)

JayWPage

• Jay W Page Photography
Noise Reduction in Capture One
« on: December 17, 2016, 01:23:50 pm »

I am a fairly new user of Capture One 9, having refused to upgrade to the cloud with Adobe. I now have a Sony a6300, for which the raw files can not be converted by the version of Camera Raw (9.1.1.461) which was the last version people like me holding a CS6 license could download. Also, I'm not really interested in using Adobe's DNG converter or Sony's raw converter. As I have learned to use Capture One I am surprised at how much I enjoy using this software and wish I had switched years ago.

In the past I was using ACR and Topaz's DeNoise 6.0 plug in with Photoshop CS6 for noise reduction. I think it is better to do the noise reduction as early as possible in the work flow so I am trying out CO's noise reduction, mainly using the default settings. What do some of the more experienced people on LL think about Capture One's Noise reduction and what about the default settings? So far I am holding off on capture sharpening in CO, doing it after conversion in PS (Focus magic and Topaz Detail), should I also hold off and use DeNoise for noise reduction in PS as well?

In the limited testing I have done, DeNoise seems to be a bit better, but that may just be because I am more familiar with it, I don't have much of a feel for the settings in Capture One yet.
Jay W Page
Pages: [1]   Go Up