Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 10 Mask behavior when drawing  (Read 1522 times)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
C1 10 Mask behavior when drawing
« on: December 17, 2016, 09:55:13 am »

In the past, with C1 versions besides vr 10, with the "always display mask" option checked when you draw a mask you see the mask while drawing it, i.e. the brush leaves a red color as you paint.  Also as you erase, you still see the mask you have drawn so you can erase.

With version 10, and open CL for display on Auto, when I draw a mask I do no see the red color while drawing, once you release the mouse/pen etc you see the mask you have drawn.  This is not the way I want to draw, I want to see the mask while I draw.

If you turn off "auto" for display and draw a mask, you will continue to see the red color of the mask while drawing.  This is way I believe it should work.

Can some others check this also?  I am using a macbook pro 15" Yosemite. 

I noted this same behavior during the beta, and it was logged to Phase, but I never did hear back.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

IanSeward

Re: C1 10 Mask behavior when drawing
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 11:48:14 am »

In the past, with C1 versions besides vr 10, with the "always display mask" option checked when you draw a mask you see the mask while drawing it, i.e. the brush leaves a red color as you paint.  Also as you erase, you still see the mask you have drawn so you can erase.

With version 10, and open CL for display on Auto, when I draw a mask I do no see the red color while drawing, once you release the mouse/pen etc you see the mask you have drawn.  This is not the way I want to draw, I want to see the mask while I draw.

If you turn off "auto" for display and draw a mask, you will continue to see the red color of the mask while drawing.  This is way I believe it should work.

Can some others check this also?  I am using a macbook pro 15" Yosemite. 

I noted this same behavior during the beta, and it was logged to Phase, but I never did hear back.

Paul Caldwell

On Windows you press the M key to toggle mask on/off.

Ian

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 12:14:36 pm »

Hi Paul,

On Windows 10, I do see the Mask building up while drawing. That's consistent whether or not I choose 'Mask always on', or 'Only Display when Drawing'.

Sounds like a bug on your configuration/OS, because I cannot reproduce the unintended behavior.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 01:57:01 pm »

Works as intended here too - Win 10 and Mac OSX Sierra
Pages: [1]   Go Up