Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it necessary to calibrate my new Macbook with Retina Screen?  (Read 1784 times)

uintaangler

Is it necessary to calibrate my new Macbook with Retina Screen?
« on: December 16, 2016, 07:05:30 pm »

Just purchased a new Macbook and it is my first experience with Apple's Retina display
I don't do any printing off my laptop but I do use LightRoom on my laptop while traveling
Is it necessary to use my i1 Display Pro to calibrate the new laptop with the Retina display?
Thanks.

degrub

Re: Is it necessary to calibrate my new Macbook with Retina Screen?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 07:50:08 pm »

What processings steps are you going to use the retina display for ?

uintaangler

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 07:54:49 pm »

Everything you can do in the Develop Module

mediumcool

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 10:26:39 pm »

Just purchased a new Macbook and it is my first experience with Apple's Retina display
I don't do any printing off my laptop but I do use LightRoom on my laptop while traveling
Is it necessary to use my i1 Display Pro to calibrate the new laptop with the Retina display?
Thanks.

Effective calibration pre-supposes consistent lighting in the background. That cannot be guaranteed when moving from place to place. My recommendation is to aim for a good neutral calibration, and use spot colour and density readings, and histograms, for brightness and density decisions while working remotely. I do not use Lightroom (even though I rent it!) but Capture One is easy to use in this way.

And I would leave important contrast, brightness, and colour decisions until I returned home.

$0.02.
FaceBook facebook.com/ian.goss.39   www.mlkshk.com/user/mediumcool

vjbelle

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 08:09:38 am »

The short answer is yes!  I also have a new Macbook and immediately calibrated it with my Xrite iDisplay pro.  Made a world of difference.  All of my serious desktop computers are PC while all/most of my notebooks are Apple and everything is color calibrated even my iPad pro.

Victor
Pages: [1]   Go Up