Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Exhibition Canvas Natural Satin in SP7800  (Read 576 times)

LeeOts

Epson Exhibition Canvas Natural Satin in SP7800
« on: December 16, 2016, 12:50:42 pm »

Roll of ECNS came with Epson flyer CPD-38350 dated 9/12 that states, "This canvas has only been tested with EPSON UltraChrome series inks on the printers listed above." The 7800 isn't listed.

My question is: has anyone tried this canvas on a 7800 and gotten accurate results? I need very accurate colors because I reproduce 2D art and the color accuracy is determined by the artist, not me. If so, what ICC profile did you use and what printer settings? Thanks in advance.

Lee

Landscapes

Re: Epson Exhibition Canvas Natural Satin in SP7800
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 11:08:57 pm »

If you need very accurate colors, you will need to make your own profiles after you coat your canvas.  Even though the Satin/Glossy canvases seem to be more durable, they really aren't and will smudge the ink off.  Once you apply a coating, the color will change.  I know for matte canvas, it gets quite a bit darker with a coating of Timeless.

Even if you didn't want to coat, I doubt you can find a proper profile that will be for your printer and this exact canvas, especially since you say the 7800 isn't listed since it is a bit dated I believe.

So if you plan to coat this canvas to protect it, then find a place that will make custom profile for you, print out the targets, spray them, and then send it off.  It will be as close as you can get.  (but mind you, I don't think printing on canvas will be all that great for super critical color work)
Pages: [1]   Go Up