Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: hasselblads cfv 50c ?????  (Read 2469 times)

mike gannon

hasselblads cfv 50c ?????
« on: December 14, 2016, 06:26:44 pm »

this back has been out  for a while now, so what is the verdict ? there's not to many reviews about the back ming thein has o good review on the back and a couple more reviews out there. now the new x1d-50c is out , is it going to take all the business away from the cfv 50c, I have a 501cm  with 9 lenses , trying to make the right choice . thank you

pflower

Re: hasselblads cfv 50c ?????
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 09:10:37 am »

The sensor is the same as in the X1D and in the H5/H6-50c.  The files are wonderful and you can probably get an accurate idea of them from the samples from those cameras.  The only problem I had was with focusing.  Whereas I could focus happily on my 503 with film and even handhold at 1/60th, any slight error in precise focus or movement is glaringly obvious with the CFV back.  In reality it is really to be used on a tripod - or at a 1/250th or 1//500th.  Given that it has fantastic high ISO performance - virtually noiseless at 800 and 1600 needs only the slightest bit of noise reduction, high shutter speeds are easily achievable. 

Also it is well worth having your body calibrated for focus.  The bed where the ground glass sits can go out of alignment as can the mirror.  I had mine calibrated and the difference was significant.  Focusing with live view is really good although sometimes the sensor seems to be over sensitive and you need to stop down significantly in order to get enough detail to focus on.  All in all if you enjoy your 501 then you won't be disappointed.

hasselblad2017

• Art Gallery Hawaii
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 02:40:26 pm »

I would be very much interested how the CFV 50C performs.
I love Hasselblad cameras but never tried this back.

I have used the H5D 60 , I was fortunate to win a photography contest and Hasselblad shipped me one for few months.
I just red about the DJI taking over Hassy. Hmmm
Call me old school, but I worry Hasselblad will not be the highest quality anymore.

Thank you

mike gannon

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 06:28:17 pm »

I talked to a photographer in kuala lumpur , his take is DJI invested to make money ,the cfv50c works on the v system and the h6 both money makers plus the x1d,  I do not think they will upset that production, the cfv50c is 2+ years old an up grade my be in the works, there will be a announcement mid 2017 , not privy to what it is  hopefully something good

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 10:48:54 am »

Hi,

Without DJI money Hasselblad may make no camera at all. The Ventiz money brought us the Lunar and the Stellar…

Best regards
Erik

I would be very much interested how the CFV 50C performs.
I love Hasselblad cameras but never tried this back.

I have used the H5D 60 , I was fortunate to win a photography contest and Hasselblad shipped me one for few months.
I just red about the DJI taking over Hassy. Hmmm
Call me old school, but I worry Hasselblad will not be the highest quality anymore.

Thank you
Erik Kaffehr

Pages: [1]   Go Up