Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: what do you think?  (Read 6229 times)

vescaegg

what do you think?
« on: July 13, 2006, 01:02:38 pm »

hey. just hoping for some opinions on this one.

[attachment=816:attachment]

jani

• Øyet
what do you think?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 05:59:38 pm »

hey. just hoping for some opinions on this one.
Is this image stitched? There are a couple of distracting vertical artifacts just to the left of the center, in the waves, as well as some brighter stripes across the sky.

The vista itself is beautiful, but it seems to lack a bit of oomph; the right hand part of the image is perhaps a bit too washed out, and I'd consider increasing the contrast. I find myself wishing for a bit more dramatic sky, or something more in the sea. But you can't get those things on order.

I'd also try to reduce the sharpening in the transition between cliffs and sky, and maybe reduce the saturation around the Sun a bit.
Jan

tgphoto

what do you think?
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 05:11:04 am »

Sorry, can't view the image at all.  I clicked on the thumb and got a grabled mess of characters.  I'm on a Mac running OSX 10.4.7 and tried viewing using Firefox 1.5 and Safari.  No luck.  Maybe try linking to it from your own site?

francois

what do you think?
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 05:40:05 am »

Sorry, can't view the image at all.  I clicked on the thumb and got a grabled mess of characters.  I'm on a Mac running OSX 10.4.7 and tried viewing using Firefox 1.5 and Safari.  No luck.  Maybe try linking to it from your own site?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=71596\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
This is a well know an on going bug in the forum software. You need to download the linked file to your destop and rename the file (adding .jpg at the end).

By the way, you avatar image is in a protected realm (http://www.timothymartingray.com/timmy.jpg) and I alway get the following message "To view this page, you need to log in to area “test site access” on www.timothymartingray.com."
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 05:46:50 am by francois »
Francois

John Sheehy

what do you think?
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 10:21:12 am »

This is a well know an on going bug in the forum software. You need to download the linked file to your destop and rename the file (adding .jpg at the end).

By the way, you avatar image is in a protected realm (http://www.timothymartingray.com/timmy.jpg) and I alway get the following message "To view this page, you need to log in to area “test site access” on www.timothymartingray.com."
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=71598\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

When I clicked on this thread from "view recent posts", a Windows login dialogue popped up and scared me; I thought it was a trick to get me to give my system login information (not that I'd type it in, but I was worried where it came from).

tgphoto

what do you think?
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 11:40:00 am »

Whoa!  Sorry about that guys.  I was doing some testing on the new box and guess I shoulda moved the avatar first.  I'm sorry for any trouble I might have caused.  It's all fixed now.  I'll go back and add the avatar again later.

thanks!

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
what do you think?
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 01:57:46 pm »

Hi! from another Tim Gray

Tough to stitch moving waves - also a bit of a halo on the top of the cliffs.  Was this in RAW?  A high dynamic range stitch is particularly challenging but you might get more "oomf" by double processing each raw shot, making 2 panos, layering and selectively masking to bring out some additional detail from the cliffs.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 01:59:19 pm by Tim Gray »

tgphoto

what do you think?
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 02:17:54 pm »

And then there were two......hehehe.

Tim, you have some beautiful work on your site.  If I have to "share" my name with someone, it is good to know he is also an avid photographer

Cheers!
Pages: [1]   Go Up