Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ProPhoto and Capture One  (Read 2218 times)

FrankStark

ProPhoto and Capture One
« on: December 13, 2016, 05:28:15 pm »

I understand that it is best to create an output recipe (for print) using ProPhoto RGB as the ICC profile. ProPhoto RGB, or ROMM RGB by another name (according to the LULA Capture one Forum on March 18, 2013) is listed as a colorsync profile on my computer, but when I try create a new recipe by clicking on up/down arrows to the right of the ICC Profile dialogue box in the Basic tab, I only get two choices - Adobe RGB (1998), and sRGB. How can I select ProPhoto RGB (ie COMM RGB) ?
Thanks

F.
"We shoot the things that move us in ways that will move others."  David duChemin

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: ProPhoto and Capture One
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 05:38:08 pm »

I understand that it is best to create an output recipe (for print) using ProPhoto RGB as the ICC profile. ProPhoto RGB, or ROMM RGB by another name (according to the LULA Capture one Forum on March 18, 2013) is listed as a colorsync profile on my computer, but when I try create a new recipe by clicking on up/down arrows to the right of the ICC Profile dialogue box in the Basic tab, I only get two choices - Adobe RGB (1998), and sRGB. How can I select ProPhoto RGB (ie COMM RGB) ?

Hi Frank,

Have you selected the 'Show All' option at the bottom of the list?

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

FrankStark

Re: ProPhoto and Capture One
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 06:49:04 pm »

That did it. Embarrassing. Thanks, Bart.

By the way, why do I want ProPhoto RGB if my monitor only shows Adobe RGB, and I assume that is what my printer reproduces?

F.
"We shoot the things that move us in ways that will move others."  David duChemin
Pages: [1]   Go Up