Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this Newbie to Bridge going crazy?  (Read 2368 times)

Ubtree

Is this Newbie to Bridge going crazy?
« on: July 12, 2006, 03:39:14 pm »

I am relatively new to Bridge (which I am using in conjunction with CS2), and have broadly got the hang of it as a file browser.   But there is something happening that I simply don't understand, and I haven't been able to find reference to it anywhere.  

Bridge seems to be displaying the images in an optimised way.  Let me give an example to illustrate what I mean.   If I navigate to a folder that contains 3 exposure-bracketed images, the thumbnail (and image) view clearly shows the  three different exposures, but then the exposures seem to be automatically adjusted, and after that the thumbnails and displayed images appear to be virtually identical.  Am I imagining this???  If not, how do you control it, to see the images as taken (pre-optimisation).

DarkPenguin

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 04:00:51 pm »

ACR has all the auto boxes clicked.  So when bridge starts running those files through ACR it auto corrects everything to about the same exposure.

Read this to fix ...

http://luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/cr-auto.shtml

Ubtree

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 04:34:42 pm »

Brilliant!  Thank you so much.

I wondered if it might have something to do with ACR, but I didn't see how it could.  Clearly, ACR and Bridge are very closely linked.

I'm reasonably proficient with PCs, and have a fair amount of film photographic experience, but making the transition from film to digital is a heck of a steep learning curve!

Many thanks again.

Ubtree

ACR has all the auto boxes clicked.  So when bridge starts running those files through ACR it auto corrects everything to about the same exposure.

Read this to fix ...

http://luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/cr-auto.shtml
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=70498\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up