Back again with the response from the chain you recommended to me:
Thank you for your inquiry regarding technical support.
If the license key you received by e-mail is rejected when you try to
enter it into the system, please check whether the information you entered is
So they've been gracious enough to teach me how to do copy/paste and they sent me back to Pixmantec - where I CORRECTLY started, which then sends me an auto-response that doesn't deal with the matter. So I am back to "square-1".
I'm not going to decorate this experience with any more adjectives, because obviously the adjectives may be controversial and I don't wish to upset my colleagues on this web forum. People can draw their own conclusions. I'm simply going to send a fax to Adobe's Senior Management asking them to rectify the matter, because they own it - for better or for worse.
Further to where this discussion left-off above, I owe you a word of thanks, because the problem was somewhat complicated and thanks to something you said, and thanks to Michael Tapes, the problem is solved. I wanted to bring the audience for this thread up-to-speed on what happened, so that I do not leave anyone with erroneous impressions or hurt feelings. What I thought based on the evidence may have been some kind of constructed evasion of responsibility turned out to be an episode of technical confusion that is now resolved.
After you mentioned that Michael Tapes was moderating a Forum dealing with RSP, and I went to it and saw that such commercial issues were not on its agenda, I took the initiative of sending M. Tapes a private email explaining the problem I was having. He was gracious enough to take it upon himself to help solve it. He asked me for some more details, and after receiving them he detected that somehow or other (still a mystery how all this happened) even after the product was discontinued I was not only able to download RSP from Pixmantec's website, but at the same time purchase of a license key for a RELATED available product (something called Color Engine, which I now know is not RSP). Hence when I received that license key, obviously it wouldn't work in RSP. With the problem diagnosed, it wasn't long before it was resolved. I also now notice that there have been changes to Pixmantec's website which would appear to make it impossible for users to regenerate this string of errors.
Summing up: ALL IS WELL, and THANKS.