Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Settings to Calibrate NEC PA272W Monitor?  (Read 2382 times)

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
Settings to Calibrate NEC PA272W Monitor?
« on: December 09, 2016, 09:40:14 am »

I just purchased the noted monitor and setting up to do a calibration using the SpectraViewII software and i1 Display Pro sensor. I have White Point set at D65, Gamma at 2.20, but wondering about the Intensity? The suggested setting is 140 cd/m2, but that still seems awfully bright. Any suggestions on a setting for this?
Mike Guilbault

John Nollendorfs

Re: Settings to Calibrate NEC PA272W Monitor?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 10:53:03 am »

Mike:
Yes that sounds a bit bright, but depends on the ambient light intensity in your work space. I use 100 for mine, but my studio is not very brightly lit. You might experiment as see what setting you find matches your calibrated prints the best.

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 11:09:17 am »

My studio is usually quite dark... so I think I'll try something lower. I'm making a print right now so I'll compare it to the screen.  Thanks John!
Mike Guilbault

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 03:24:26 pm »

You are likely to run into the problem of your prints being too dark with that high of a monitor brightness setting.  I have the 30" version of that monitor and have been using 95 cd/m^2 to get a relatively good brightness match between screen and printer.

whawn

• The Daily Photographâ„¢
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 06:20:31 pm »

I'm with EJ -- I went with the 140 number out of the box with mine -- forgetting that I ran my old NEC at 85 -- and wasted some expensive paper.  Because the new sensor seems to be a bit less sensitive to light than the old, I've since gone to 90 and that works pretty well for me.
Walter Hawn -- Casper, Wyoming
Pages: [1]   Go Up