Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Todmorden Town Hall Statue  (Read 932 times)

graeme

Todmorden Town Hall Statue
« on: December 09, 2016, 08:16:59 am »

Comments welcomed.

brandtb

• http://www.brandtbolding.com
Re: Todmorden Town Hall Statue
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 01:37:58 pm »

I think the subject and framing of subject is very nice. I think it's a bit too dark though. Clicking "auto" in LR Develop e.g., I think gets it close although shows a lot of noise...but the colors are interesting though. Converting it to B/W looks good too with shadows/exposure pulled up as in previous. One thing is there is a lot of room in frame above the figure's head and cropping off 1/8 or 1/10 brings a little more focus to sculpture - worth looking at.
Brandt Bolding
www.brandtbolding.com

graeme

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 05:07:52 pm »

Thanks for your comments Brandt.

I'm reasonably happy with the brightness of the image both on screen & in a print I made today but I've lightened some areas of the attached version very slightly. Yes it's a bit noisy - my 60D doesn't have the best shadow noise characteristics & I didn't nail the exposure, but it's OK for an A4 print on matt paper which is all I do with this kind of image.

I had every intention of making this image a B/W but found I preferred the colour version to the B/W.

You're right about the crop.

Graeme

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 04:42:58 am »

It's an attractive image, pleasingly lit.

I don't see a lot of difference in brightness between the two, but it doesn't matter; and I disagree about the crop.

Jeremy

graeme

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 04:33:37 pm »

Thanks Jeremy

I'm trying to get back into some more serious photography so will be posting more images in the critiques section ( as opposed to Rob's 'Without Prejudice' thread ) so you guys can kick my arse.

Graeme
Pages: [1]   Go Up