Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Curious issue with Epson p800  (Read 1866 times)

John Chardine

• chardine photography
Curious issue with Epson p800
« on: December 07, 2016, 08:34:27 pm »

I just took possession of a new p800 today. It is connected to a Mac running latest version of Mac OS (Sierra 10.12.1) and the latest Epson driver from Epson (Printer driver 9.80). Set-up went fine. However, I am having a problem with using "fine art" papers in the front loader. Here's the situation:

1. Using the Load Guide on the printer LCD screen I set up the printer to accept Fine Art Media, load a piece of 13" x 19" Velvet Fine Art paper in the front loader (with the rear door open). It feeds nicely at which time I set the correct Paper Size and Paper Type. All good so far.

2. Now in the Lightroom Print module I click Page Setup and try to find the "Front - Fine Art" option for 13" x 19" paper and all I can find is "Front Poster Board" (see attached). First time I saw this I selected the Front Poster Board option but under Printer Settings, the driver warns to set Page Setup to Front - Fine Art (also attached). The warning is correct in that the print job will bomb if you choose Front Poster Board but have Fine Art selected on the printer.

3. Turns out not one of the paper sizes in Page Setup has a Front - Fine Art option; all say Front Poster Board.

4. I've tried this in Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Preview and I get the same results. I was on with Epson Tech Support for 45 min today to no avail. Will call them tomorrow but in the meantime I wondered if folks had seen this or have any idea what my problem might be.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Curious issue with Epson p800
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 08:50:02 pm »

Re the upper screen grab, don't select 13*19 Poster Board. Just select 13*19 (the top option in the list for 13*19 size). Make sure the driver version you are using is NOT the Airprint version (you'll see this in System Preferences>Printers-Epson P800>(then perhaps into Options and Supplies>General. If the Driver version says airprint, delete the printer in the same window, then re-add it, paying attention to the option that comes up to select the driver version. Choose the series driver, not the airprint driver. Now if all that is OK, when in LR, click on Printer in the Print Module; it should pull up the driver, and in the Print Settings page, you will have the choice of the Front Fine Art Feed for your paper size.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

John Chardine

• chardine photography
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 08:59:10 pm »

Thank you Mark! I'll give it a try.

PS I have the correct driver loaded, not Air Print.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 09:00:25 pm »

Good - let us know how it works for you.

John Chardine

• chardine photography
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 09:05:55 pm »

That worked great and I would never have figured it out without your help! Thank you again! I was going down the wrong path completely by seeing the Front- Poster Board option in Page setup and assuming there should be a Front Fine Art option there.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 09:12:15 pm »

Good - glad it's OK now. You are welcome.
Pages: [1]   Go Up