Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Lightroom locating downloaded profiles on Epson P9000  (Read 1444 times)

howie@adventureinlight.com

I just bought an Epson P9000.  I have used the Epson 4900 for a few years and have had no trouble downloading and then using different paper color profiles using Lightroom.  With the new P9000 I can easily find the Epson profiles that come with the driver.  But when I try to locate other paper manufacturer's profiles I have downloaded for the P9000 I can not find them.  I use a IMAC with an OSX 10.0.5 operating system.  I have no problem downloading other manufacturers profiles and I then put them in the Users/Library/ColorSync/Profiles folder as the instructions direct and which is the same place my other profiles are in which the 4900 uses successfully.  In Lightroom 4.4 when I open up the Print module and then select Profile under Color Management I can see all of the profiles for my 4900 as well as the profiles from the P9000 that are on the Epson driver.  When I scroll down to the bottom and select "other" it takes me to my Profiles folder that is in my Color Sync folder and I am able to see all of the profiles I had placed in there that work with my 4900 but can not see any files I have placed in there from my P9000.  I know the new profiles for the P9000 are in the corect folder because I can see them when I use the Finder. But for some reason Lightroom can not see them.  I have made sure when downloading the profiles files that Lightroom was not open.  Any ideas of why I can't see these profiles and then select them?   

howardm

Re: Problem with Lightroom locating downloaded profiles on Epson P9000
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 12:28:32 pm »

open one of the P9000 profiles in the ColorSync utility and look at the DESC tag.

Profiles have an external name (the filename) and internal name (the DESC tag).  It's possible there is a naming mis-match.

howie@adventureinlight.com

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 08:14:00 pm »

Thanks for your suggestion.  When I open up the profile and click on the DESC tag the ASCII name that appears is identical to the file name so I don't think that is the issue?

tonyrom

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 05:47:34 pm »

They are store in a OS 10 resource and not as separate files.  I don't have a mac in front of me.  However, locate where the driver package is installed.  The tip about where LR finds them with give you the path on the file system.  Once you find the path, you right click and "Show Package Content".  In there you will find sub folders and the actual profiles.

If you cant accomplish this, let me know and when I get to a mac I can be more precise.
Pages: [1]   Go Up