Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wanted !! Q6695A HP Advanced Profiling Solution for Z3200PS  (Read 6761 times)

Doug Gray

Re: Wanted !! Q6695A HP Advanced Profiling Solution for Z3200PS
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2016, 09:26:40 pm »

Glad yo got it working!

The incorrect print size using APU is a known issue. It doesn't seem to cause a problem when printing and scanning smaller sheets that most custom profile services provide. Adobe really should fix it. OTOH the workaround doesn't have that bug and lets me use Photoshop to print multiple charts at a time so there is less wasted roll paper.

dkennedy2016

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2016, 10:38:10 pm »

Glad yo got it working!

The incorrect print size using APU is a known issue. It doesn't seem to cause a problem when printing and scanning smaller sheets that most custom profile services provide. Adobe really should fix it. OTOH the workaround doesn't have that bug and lets me use Photoshop to print multiple charts at a time so there is less wasted roll paper.

That makes me feel a lot better, actually.  I thought there was something I might be doing incorrectly!

MHMG

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2016, 03:53:32 pm »

As a new owner of a Z3200ps model, help :o

HP marketing brochures say the Z3200ps model comes standard with APS. The manual says a CD is included and you install the APS software after you've got the HP printer utility and "Color center" up and running. No such CD was included with my new printer. Can't find any info on the HP website whatsoever (what a mess that site is). Anyway, speaking with another LULA forum participant, Mark Lindquist, on the phone last night, he tried to walk me through how to access bigger profiling charts than the ~464 patch basic version. We are both on Macs. We both went to the same drop down menu. He sees a menu feature to choose 1728 patches instead of the base 464. I don't! We are both on Mac 10.11 (El Capitan), but my HP utility version is a couple of decimal points newer. Aargh!! Why is this brilliantly engineered printer so ham strung with poor documentation that seems like it hasn't been updated to go along with later driver changes over the last several years? The list of inconsistencies between the printer interface and what the user guides say goes on and on.

Can anyone suggest how I can get the Z3200 to work with bigger profiling charts? I don't really care if this is the Color Center software or the APS software. I'd just like to be able to find the feature and print with a larger number of patches if possible.

thanks in advance for any insight you can give me.

best,
Mark
http://www.aardenburg-imaging.com

Mark Lindquist

• it’s not about the photos we take - it’s the ones we leave
    • LINDQUIST STUDIOS
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2016, 04:36:21 pm »

As a new owner of a Z3200ps model, help :o

HP marketing brochures say the Z3200ps model comes standard with APS. The manual says a CD is included and you install the APS software after you've got the HP printer utility and "Color center" up and running. No such CD was included with my new printer. Can't find any info on the HP website whatsoever (what a mess that site is). Anyway, speaking with another LULA forum participant, Mark Lindquist, on the phone last night, he tried to walk me through how to access bigger profiling charts than the ~464 patch basic version. We are both on Macs. We both went to the same drop down menu. He sees a menu feature to choose 1728 patches instead of the base 464. I don't! We are both on Mac 10.11 (El Capitan), but my HP utility version is a couple of decimal points newer. Aargh!! Why is this brilliantly engineered printer so ham strung with poor documentation that seems like it hasn't been updated to go along with later driver changes over the last several years? The list of inconsistencies between the printer interface and what the user guides say goes on and on.

Can anyone suggest how I can get the Z3200 to work with bigger profiling charts? I don't really care if this is the Color Center software or the APS software. I'd just like to be able to find the feature and print with a larger number of patches if possible.

thanks in advance for any insight you can give me.

best,
Mark
http://www.aardenburg-imaging.com

Click Here For A New Thread on Z3200ps Setup and Color Measurement

Mark Lindquist
http://z3200.com, http://MarkLindquistPhotography.com
Lindquist Studios.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up