Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Q: [Windows 10] + [Canon Pro-1000 XPS] want quick access to print driver. How?  (Read 936 times)

paulbk

Anyone know how to get fewest clicks access (one-click?) to printer driver in Windows 10? Currently I go:
Control Panel > Devices and Printers > Canon Pro-1000 XPS > Printing Preferences > Canon Pro-1000 XPS
That is way too many clicks for a very hot computer in 2016!

My sys:
Windows 10 Pro
500 GB SSD
64 GB memory
yadda...
paul b.k.
New England, USA

drmike

• On Flickr:

Not meaning to be unhelpful - but why do you want to do this?

If I'm printing from PS say to my Canon I use the Canon Print Studio and can get access to all I need very quickly.

paulbk

drmike,
You are 100% correct: "If I'm printing from PS say to my Canon I use the Canon Print Studio and can get access to all I need very quickly."

If you're happy with Print Studio Pro, by all means.. enjoy.
I'm not.
The driver is at a lower level.
There are setting in the driver that can't be controlled from PSP.
I leave it to the reader to find them.
More, PSP is slow (not responsive) and clumsy. My opinion.
The driver is not "wonderful" but it's fast once you get there. And I know my way around.
paul b.k.
New England, USA

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Anyone know how to get fewest clicks access (one-click?) to printer driver in Windows 10? Currently I go:
Control Panel > Devices and Printers > Canon Pro-1000 XPS > Printing Preferences > Canon Pro-1000 XPS
That is way too many clicks for a very hot computer in 2016!

My sys:
Windows 10 Pro
500 GB SSD
64 GB memory
yadda...

Hi Paul,

Depends on which utilities got installed with the driver. When I open the Windows 10 Start menu and type 'Printer' (without the quotes), I get a link to the 'Canon My Printer' app. That utility link could (with a right mouse button click) be pinned to the Start menu or the Taskbar, and it gives direct accesss to an app with (amongst others) a button for Printer Settings.

I don't need it myself, because I can access these settings via the Qimage Ultimate printer setups, although I never need to, once I've set it up for a certain printer/media combination before. Qimage automatically remembers those setttings for when another medium is selected for one of my printers.

So 'drmike's' question was to the point, why do you need it? Maybe you could consider a real printing solution like Qimage, instead of trying to cut corners on an overly complicated workflow? Just mentioning it in case you didn't know.

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 04:30:17 pm by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

paulbk

I have Qimage Ulitmate. Only had it a few months. And I agree, it's great once you learn the UI. (Which I haven't mastered yet.) Made a dozen or so nice prints. But there are times when I'm not in the mood to peck-around or learn anything,  I'm in the "do mode."

Thanks..!
I put Canon's 'My Printer' in the task bar.' Puts the driver 2 clicks away. Good enough.
paul b.k.
New England, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up