Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Earth Abides  (Read 689 times)

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
Earth Abides
« on: December 03, 2016, 06:21:43 pm »

I was ready to pack it in, already visually saturated from my visit to the North Rim, when I turned my head to see these fantastic colors and I just had to set up again.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: Earth Abides
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 04:04:43 am »

Good one, even though it seems a bit "punchy" to my eyes.

Telecaster

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 03:20:26 pm »

One thing I noticed taking photos in Grand Canyon Nat. Park back in early spring 2014—first time there not using film—was that the tonality was unusual. Not to my eyes but to my gear. The camera I was using, an Oly EM-1, picked up a lot of UV. Not being a big filter guy I didn't have any UV filters with me, so I had to wing it in post with not-subtle white balance and tint adjustments.

-Dave-

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 03:48:19 pm »

One thing I noticed taking photos in Grand Canyon Nat. Park back in early spring 2014—first time there not using film—was that the tonality was unusual. Not to my eyes but to my gear. The camera I was using, an Oly EM-1, picked up a lot of UV. Not being a big filter guy I didn't have any UV filters with me, so I had to wing it in post with not-subtle white balance and tint adjustments.

-Dave-
Haven't shot enough up there, but I have a UV filter on my lens and I always shoot at 5500K and/or set it to Daylight in post. I process for the feel and try to avoid going overboard. I also process for how it will look on a paper print. With that being said, I think this sky is about right, but clearly the shadows were pushed. As for the distant blue; there was a lot of mist in the air. But then I'm not going for realism ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up