Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Profile for Simply Elegant Gold Fiber Silk and Eps P800  (Read 2480 times)

BradSmith

Profile for Simply Elegant Gold Fiber Silk and Eps P800
« on: December 02, 2016, 09:05:45 pm »

Any suggestions on what profile I should try?  IT Supplies (USA) says this paper is a direct replacement for Ilford Gold Fiber Silk.  They say to use Ilford Gold Fiber Silk profiles and Luster printer settings.  There are no Ilford Profiles for this combination.  What do you think I should try?  Baryta profiles??
thanks
Brad

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Profile for Simply Elegant Gold Fiber Silk and Eps P800
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 09:30:29 pm »

Use a good test print, such as the Outback Printer Test Page and just try what IT Supplies recommends - see if you like what you get. The cost is a sheet of paper and a bit of ink. If it doesn't perform to your expectation then you would likely need a custom profile. I'm finding that within a similar class of Baryta-base papers there can be more tolerable switchability between profiles and papers than one would normally expect.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

howardm

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 08:00:05 am »

Brad,

The GFS profile for the Epson SC-P800 is on the ilford.com site so I'm not clear on your 'there are no Ilford profiles' statement. 

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 08:11:02 am »

Brad,

The GFS profile for the Epson SC-P800 is on the ilford.com site so I'm not clear on your 'there are no Ilford profiles' statement.

Howard, I may be wrong but I interpreted Bard's comment to mean that there is no profile on the Ilford site for the IT-Supplies "replacement version" of GFS, which would of course make perfect sense, why should there be; but of course you are correct there is a "real" GFS profile for the P-800 on the Ilford site and this is where he should start from.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

BradSmith

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 11:50:13 am »

Howard,
Thanks for re-pointing me to the Ilford site.  When I looked there the first time, I looked at Galerie as the paper type where there is no profile for Ilf GFS.  I should have looked at Galerie PRESTIGE, where it is listed. 
Brad

snowrs

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 09:58:34 pm »

Brad:

I have tried both the Ilford profile and the Hahnemuhle "silk" profile using the Luster setting in the Epson driver, and both produced acceptable prints.  Worth a try.

bob snow
Pages: [1]   Go Up