Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR7?  (Read 19044 times)

dreed

Re: LR7?
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2016, 09:13:37 am »

If not then I will have to seek other alternatives since there is no option for me to purchase the Adobe Photographers package from my location in  the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.

Due to the presence of cryptography (i.e. SSL for https) in Lightroom, you are forbidden from downloading Lightroom (and other Adobe apps) from embargoed countries. Yes, that's right, the US government's embargoes forbid Adobe from allowing people from countries such as Crimea Region of Ukraine, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria from downloading applications to work on images with. Feel lucky that you can at least download it.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2017, 02:49:23 pm »

I hope LR7 remains stand alone, and corrects the speed issues. (6.8 and still having issues)
Due to the speed I have already started using alternate Dev/DAM software, and the more I get used to them the less I will rely on LR. I love LR, and have always responded positively. Just cant be patient with work loads.
Besides a CC option is not an option. That's a simple cut off for some folks like myself.

I have purchased(and recently updated):

C1
ACDSee Ultimate
OnOne
DxOptics
RawTherapee

Out of these, I like C1, and ACDSee, while OnOne looks promising.....
My reasons are for speed workflow and batch output processing options for work use.

*I have tried Corel Raw, but just didn't have the basic functions ironed out when they released.
(Not sure now). Corel I am ready to use Painter and Paint for replacing Adobe, as I will hold onto the latest stand alone version.

'Til death do us part.
CC=death
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2017, 04:54:55 pm »

Just give us bigger file support...... oh and some speed....

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

greyscale

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2017, 11:28:19 am »

Would love to have all my images on my NAS accessible in Lightroom. Adobe is network shy. :-\

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2017, 12:09:02 pm »

Would love to have all my images on my NAS accessible in Lightroom. Adobe is network shy. :-\

Photos on the NAS can be managed in Lightroom. What can't go on the NAS is the catalogue itself.

hogloff

« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2017, 04:37:15 pm »

I am betting on the option that Lightroom 7 will be available as a standalone version of LR CC 2017 as is presently available on LR CC 2015 / LR 6.x.
If not then I will have to seek other alternatives since there is no option for me to purchase the Adobe Photographers package from my location in  the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.

Why would you need to drop LR6 and purchase something else...just keep using LR6.

dreed

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2017, 06:15:14 am »

Photos on the NAS can be managed in Lightroom. What can't go on the NAS is the catalogue itself.

You can put the catalogue on a NAS BUT the only way to put the catalogue on a NAS is by using iSCSI (I do this.) BUT... BUT... unless you want corrupted libraries, you have to be extraordinarily careful in how you use iSCSI - essentially you can only run one instance of Lr at a time using the iSCSI data.

Swapping computers to use Lr from is something like this:
- Computer 1: Quit Lr
- Computer 1: unmount catalogue volume
- Computer 1: disconnect iSCSI NAS (prevents random automount)
- Computer 2: connect iSCSI NAS
- Comptuer 2: mount catalogue volume
- Computer 2: Run Lr
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 06:22:44 am by dreed »

hjulenissen

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2017, 08:09:33 pm »

You can put the catalogue on a NAS BUT the only way to put the catalogue on a NAS is by using iSCSI (I do this.) BUT... BUT... unless you want corrupted libraries, you have to be extraordinarily careful in how you use iSCSI - essentially you can only run one instance of Lr at a time using the iSCSI data.
I am running two PCs hooked up to a common NAS that stores raw files and lrcat.

On program start, I have a script that copies the lrcat file from NAS to the local drive. I then do my thing. On program exit, I have setup Lightroom to backup to the NAS file.

-h
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up