More Patience. ;
:-p

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

hjulenissen

Re: LR7?
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2016, 04:43:41 am »

My sense is Adobe is doing a full rewrite of LR using more Open Source code.  ...
Perhaps.

I don't see them using Open source code much for the image processing pipeline.

That is, after all, their "core" competence, and who would be better than them at doing the mapping "what we want to do functionally" -> "what can the hardware do for us"?

-h

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2016, 03:38:07 pm »

My sense is Adobe is doing a full rewrite of LR using more Open Source code.

This is typical of the mindless speculation that occurs when people who have no clue as to what is actually happening starts wild guesses. Spread this kind speculation around and you end up with a lot of people with really hairbrained ideas about what Adobe is or isn't doing.

I suspect there's a reason why it's taking a bit longer to add the new IQ3 100 backs. I don't know why it's taking so long...but I couldn't tell if I did. However, it's foolish to speculate because that will do nothing to help people who are waiting for support for that back.

CatOne

• http://blloyd.smugmug.com
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2016, 10:11:49 pm »

My sense is Adobe is doing a full rewrite of LR using more Open Source code.

LOL. I'm sure they're inspired by DarkTable. No, seriously, LOL.

Much has changed in 10 years that would make a SW rewrite necessary and a two year dev cycle to do this is not unreasonable.   I recall a couple years ago that Eric Chan was moved over to help increase the speed of LR which makes me think this is a priority.  I fully expect that we'll see improved performance once it's released.

I've noticed a material time delay in bringing new camera support into LR this past year.   This suggests to me that engineering resources have been diverted elsewhere.  One can only hope it's refocusing on a modern platform.

Show us your roadmap Adobe!

LOL

dreed

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2016, 08:10:25 am »

My bet is that we will see Lr7 at the same time as LR CC 2017.

Note that Adobe have gone through and updated a bunch of apps to "CC 2017" but Lr is not among them.

At the same time, I don't get the point of "CC 2017" vs "CC 2015". I thought there was only supposed to be "One CC". The need for a "CC 2017" must be due to to something that the smart boys at Adobe understand better than I.

Simon Garrett

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2016, 11:14:02 am »

My bet is that we will see Lr7 at the same time as LR CC 2017.

Presumably LR7 will be LR CC 2017, so yes one would expect them at the same time!

At the same time, I don't get the point of "CC 2017" vs "CC 2015". I thought there was only supposed to be "One CC". The need for a "CC 2017" must be due to to something that the smart boys at Adobe understand better than I.

When they launched CC, that was a big selling point: only one future version, and you always get the latest version with your subscription.  However, marketing guys like new releases that they can shout about, so from time to time they give it a slightly new look and feel, and change the launch splash screen image, and give it a new name.  Otherwise people ignore the incremental changes, and say "Oh, you haven't changed it since 2013 when you launched CC."

tomhogarty

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2016, 07:05:47 pm »

This is typical of the mindless speculation that occurs when people who have no clue as to what is actually happening starts wild guesses. Spread this kind speculation around and you end up with a lot of people with really hairbrained ideas about what Adobe is or isn't doing.

I suspect there's a reason why it's taking a bit longer to add the new IQ3 100 backs. I don't know why it's taking so long...but I couldn't tell if I did. However, it's foolish to speculate because that will do nothing to help people who are waiting for support for that back.

Apologies for the delayed ACR/Lightroom support for the IQ3 100.  Adobe is waiting for additional documentation on the proprietary format from Phase One before we can support the format.

Regards,
Tom Hogarty
Adobe Systems

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2016, 12:16:41 am »

Apologies for the delayed ACR/Lightroom support for the IQ3 100.  Adobe is waiting for additional documentation on the proprietary format from Phase One before we can support the format.

Regards,
Tom Hogarty
Adobe Systems
We appreciate the feedback.  Most of us have assumed this was the situation.  The concern is whether Phase is just slow, or has decided not to help at all to prevent Lr from supporting the new back.

Rory

• Recent images
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2016, 12:34:40 pm »

Regards,
Tom Hogarty
Adobe Systems

Welcome to LL Tom!  Love to see you here as a regular. 
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/roryhi

TomFrerichs

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2016, 02:08:50 pm »

Welcome to LL Tom!  Love to see you here as a regular.

I join in that welcome.  And I think we ought be nominate him for some sort of medal for heroism. The discussions in here can get rather...involved...at times.

Tom Frerichs

Rory

• Recent images
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2016, 02:11:04 pm »

I join in that welcome.  And I think we ought be nominate him for some sort of medal for heroism. The discussions in here can get rather...involved...at times.

Tom Frerichs

I agree.  We need to treat Tom with TLC.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/roryhi

Schewe

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2016, 11:29:59 pm »

We need to treat Tom with TLC.

Actually, you don't. I know Tom...he's a big boy and can handle himself just fine as long as people treat him with civility and respect. It should be noted I know of at least 6 industry people who have tried to have a presence here on LuLa only to be driven away with disrespect and beligerant behavior.

So, it would be useful to keep it civil with Tom. He can be a useful source of information because he's in a position to answer direct questions–when he can...

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2016, 09:08:06 pm »

Actually, you don't. I know Tom...he's a big boy and can handle himself just fine as long as people treat him with civility and respect. It should be noted I know of at least 6 industry people who have tried to have a presence here on LuLa only to be driven away with disrespect and beligerant behavior.

So, it would be useful to keep it civil with Tom. He can be a useful source of information because he's in a position to answer direct questions–when he can...

...such as:
  • When will v7 be released?; and
  • Will there be a standalone v7?
;)

Right...NDA!
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

Hoggy

• Never take life, or anything in it, too seriously.
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2016, 02:39:19 am »

Actually, you don't. I know Tom...he's a big boy and can handle himself just fine as long as people treat him with civility and respect.

hehe..  On LL???   :o   

It should be noted I know of at least 6 industry people who have tried to have a presence here on LuLa only to be driven away with disrespect and beligerant behavior.

Yes, I can definitely see that happening..  I'm surprised that you, Jeff, still show up from time to time as well.  Although I may not have been here often/long enough to see if anyone got that way with you too, or not.

I've known LL to be kind of like the Wild Wild West.  8)

Certainly nice, and surprising, to see you here though, Tom!
Cams: Pentax K-3, K-30 & Canon G7X, S100
Firm supporter of DNG, throwing away originals.
It's the hash, man..  That good hash!

tomhogarty

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2016, 04:42:09 pm »

Thanks for the welcome notes.  As Jeff mentioned you don't need to pull any punches with me.  Also, I'm a relatively infrequent visitor to these forums so if you see a thread that needs my attention feel free to ping me directly:  thogarty at adobe dot com

Regards,
Tom

dreed

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2016, 07:48:42 am »

Is it safe to assume that when that when ACR goes to version 10, LR will go to version 7 and that this will be CC 2017 for LR?

Schewe

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2016, 11:48:43 pm »

Is it safe to assume

It's not safe to assume anything...

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2016, 03:23:10 pm »

It's not safe to assume anything...

ParkerPhoto

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2016, 05:48:28 pm »

I wouldn't hold my breath on LR7.  LR CC is here and I do not see any new individual licenses.  Adobe seems happy with the subscription based model.  Next release of Lightroom will be; Lightroom CC 2017 (not LR7).  That's my 2 cents.

Denis de Gannes

« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2016, 06:52:55 pm »

I wouldn't hold my breath on LR7.  LR CC is here and I do not see any new individual licenses.  Adobe seems happy with the subscription based model.  Next release of Lightroom will be; Lightroom CC 2017 (not LR7).  That's my 2 cents.
I am betting on the option that Lightroom 7 will be available as a standalone version of LR CC 2017 as is presently available on LR CC 2015 / LR 6.x.
If not then I will have to seek other alternatives since there is no option for me to purchase the Adobe Photographers package from my location in  the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 06:56:36 pm by Denis de Gannes »
Equip: iMac (Ret. 5K,27"Mid 2015),macOS 10.15.6
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up