Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Apple Yosemite, Spaces, Google Chrome, Full-Screen Image Problem  (Read 1945 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Apple Yosemite, Spaces, Google Chrome, Full-Screen Image Problem
« on: November 27, 2016, 10:28:21 am »

When I click on an image in a post that is above 1200px, it opens as a new window. When I then click on the little green button in the left corner it enlarges to a full-screen size, as it should. But... it does so in a new "space" as Apple calls it, i.e., a separate desktop. Once there, it is impossible to close it without killing the browser (Chrome) first. The little red, orange, green radio buttons are missing from the window, and "escape" key does nothing. Apple Yosemite has a separate way of "killing" a space (by positioning the cursor above it in the mission control until an "x" appears) but in my case it does not work (i.e., no "x" pops up). I unchecked everything in the System Preferences related to spaces and logged out, to no avail.

Any hints?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
Re: Apple Yosemite, Spaces, Google Chrome, Full-Screen Image Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 10:35:07 am »

Ok, found a key shortcut to "kill" a window: Command-W. Though not cool of Chrome to eliminate the traffic-light radio buttons.

rdonson

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 12:35:44 pm »

Slobodan, I use Chrome (Version 54.0.2840.98 (64-bit)) on Mac El Cap 10.11.6 and I don't have the same experiences you've described.

Your screenshot seems to show Chrome being minimized.  Is that true?

Regards,
Ron

davidgp

• davidgp fotografia
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 05:38:59 pm »

So, I have the same version of Mac OS and Chrome as rdonson, so I'm not able to replicate the error... But to maximize and un-maximize something in Mac OS you can use the combination of keys: "Control+Command+F". Hope it helps

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 07:11:41 pm »

... Your screenshot seems to show Chrome being minimized.  Is that true?

No, that is a screenshot of a Mission Control key pressed (F3), which indicates two spaces used, and in the second space (Chrome) a window open in a full-screen mode. Once an image is in that full-screen mode in a separate space, there is no other way to get out (close the image) but to use the "Command-W." You can also see there are no radio buttons in that image window - they should be located to the left of the "forum.luminous-landscape..." text.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 03:41:58 am »

No, that is a screenshot of a Mission Control key pressed (F3), which indicates two spaces used, and in the second space (Chrome) a window open in a full-screen mode. Once an image is in that full-screen mode in a separate space, there is no other way to get out (close the image) but to use the "Command-W." You can also see there are no radio buttons in that image window - they should be located to the left of the "forum.luminous-landscape..." text.

Slobodan,

Unless I've misunderstood you, if you zoom a window into "full-screen" mode, the window control buttons disappear whatever the application: it's the same in Safari, for example. You can get them back either by moving the mouse to the menu bar area, when both they and the menu will appear, or by exiting full-screen mode by hitting the escape key. Closing the window with cmd-w is also an option, as you've found.

Jeremy

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 06:34:18 am »

...You can get them back either by moving the mouse to the menu bar area, when both they and the menu will appear, or by exiting full-screen mode by hitting the escape key...

Correct...except it doesn't work in my case... no menu, no radio buttons, and no effect with the escape key.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 02:13:40 pm »

Correct...except it doesn't work in my case... no menu, no radio buttons, and no effect with the escape key.

Summon an exorcist.

Jeremy

schertz

• Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 10:44:43 pm »

I can repeat this phenomenon with yosemite, chrome and the image pop-up window. When maximized, the is no way to get the little coloured circles back and no X appears when you mouse over the desktop icon in Mission Control. You need to Cmd-W or Cmd-Q (quit) to remove the window. It seems to be a repeatable bug. Behaviour of the pop-up image in Safari is normal.

I have been using Moom for a long time as a way to maximize a window without opening a new "desktop" or option-clicking the green circle, which uses Apples legacy "optimal" sizing. It allows Windows-style dragging to the top/edges to maximize/half-screen windows.

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up