Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf Capture 10 and Intel mac  (Read 12272 times)

pixjohn

Leaf Capture 10 and Intel mac
« on: July 10, 2006, 04:52:47 am »

This question is really for Leaf. Any new updates when Capture 10 will finally work on the Intel Macs? I know you had a beta, but need info on final release.

yaya

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 09:08:47 am »

This question is really for Leaf. Any new updates when Capture 10 will finally work on the Intel Macs? I know you had a beta, but need info on final release.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

John hi,

By the end of this week you'll be able to download version 10.0.3 from our website that supports the Intel Macs.  

Best regards

Yair

Creo UK Ltd., a subsidiary of Kodak.
---------------------------------------
Yair Shahar | Leaf EMEA | Regional Manager |
| [a href=\"http://www.leaf-photography.com]leaf-photography.com[/url]
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 09:38:16 am by yaya »

RolandBaker

• http://www.netexpresslabs.com
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 10:44:54 am »

John hi,

By the end of this week you'll be able to download version 10.0.3 from our website that supports the Intel Macs.  

Best regards

Yair

Creo UK Ltd., a subsidiary of Kodak.
---------------------------------------
Yair Shahar | Leaf EMEA | Regional Manager |
| leaf-photography.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=70248\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Any word on the Windows version?
Best regards,
 Roland

ericstaud

• www.ericstaudenmaier.com
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 12:59:11 am »

Yair,

I have a beta of 10.0.3. working on my intel Macbook Pro.
Aptus 22 files that I capture tethered are no longer recognized by ACR 3.4, but when I shoot to CF cards there is no problem.  Is this just a beta issue?  I currently use 8.4.3 to tether but convert all my files with ACR 3.4.

Thanks,

Eric

pixjohn

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 02:56:19 am »

Every time I try to use 10.0.3 on my Intel Macbook pro I get a window telling me " Leaf Capture Cannot start"? And 8.4.3 works but no live video. Any chance the new 10 on the Intel will have a working live video? At this point I have a $1,200 piece of plastic that is useless. I have been waiting since version 10 came out to have live video.  At this point it has become a bad joke to wait this long.

Yair,

Thanks,

Eric
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=70324\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

yaya

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 03:39:31 am »

Yair,

Aptus 22 files that I capture tethered are no longer recognized by ACR 3.4, but when I shoot to CF cards there is no problem.  Is this just a beta issue?  I currently use 8.4.3 to tether but convert all my files with ACR 3.4.

Thanks,

Eric
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=70324\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Adobe are aware of this issue (this only happens on the intel machines) and say they'll fix it in ACR 3.5

Yair

ericstaud

• www.ericstaudenmaier.com
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 12:13:17 pm »

Hi Yair,

Thanks for that answer about the Aptus 22 files.  There is a more in depth question about the loss of image settings in ACR/Bridge with some Aptus files on the adobe ACR forum...

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?128@@.3bc0deab

would you be willing to take a look?  It looks like someone else is having a similar issue.

Thanks,

Eric

deelight

• http://
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006, 01:08:35 pm »

Every time I try to use 10.0.3 on my Intel Macbook pro I get a window telling me " Leaf Capture Cannot start"? And 8.4.3 works but no live video. Any chance the new 10 on the Intel will have a working live video? At this point I have a $1,200 piece of plastic that is useless. I have been waiting since version 10 came out to have live video.  At this point it has become a bad joke to wait this long.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=70330\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yair,

thats a good point! When will Live Video be available in LC 10 G5? And shooting tethered directly out of LC 10? When will we get a usable 400 ASA for the A22?

I think about buying Live Video, but not at this price point and if I additionally have to wait another 6 months. I do not want to work with LC 8, just another program to learn and to get to know how to work with... 10.0.3 Release Version still has no Live Video - not even on G5 Mac.

Best,

Clem
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 01:09:43 pm by deelight »

yaya

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2006, 01:16:44 pm »

All,

This is an email that came from Leaf HQ a few minutes ago:

"Dear Friends,  

Download the new Leaf Capture version 10.0.3 now, at: http://www.leaf-photography.com/pages/softwaredownload.aspx
Download Release Notes at:  http://www.leaf-photography.com/files/Capt...eleaseNotes.pdf

The new version contains some major improvements; including the following:

·       Significantly improves stability in Shooting, Adjusting, Editing and Processing over previous versions

·       Improves interactivity and gives the user better feedback on the status of the current activity

·       Supports Intel Mac's

The version includes the following specific enhancements:

·       Faster folder uploading & ability to interrupt.  Folders with many images now load faster. The user can select an image and do interactive work while images are refreshing.

·       Progress bar feedback for long actions. Loading and adjusting actions are displayed in the progress bar.

·       Flag shortcuts are simpler key combinations. Flag combinations are now Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2, etc.

·       Invert image exposure alarm. You can invert the exposure alarm mask in the image to color the correctly exposed image areas, leaving the over/under exposed areas unmasked. This enables you to observe the content of the over/under exposed areas without requiring a blinking mask.

… and many fixed issues.

For more, download and try it out!

We trust this release will please our customers and provide them with a smooth and trouble-free shooting experience.
As always, please inform Leaf Support of any problems encountered as soon as they arise.

Kind regards,
The entire Leaf Team: R&D, Support, Marketing and Sales"

pixjohn

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006, 04:20:08 pm »

This is good news, does this release coincide with V8 working with live video on the Intel Mac?

All,

This is an email that came from Leaf HQ a few minutes ago:

"Dear Friends, 

Download the new Leaf Capture version 10.0.3 now, at: http://www.leaf-photography.com/pages/softwaredownload.aspx
Download Release Notes at:  http://www.leaf-photography.com/files/Capt...eleaseNotes.pdf

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=70366\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Cfranson

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2006, 08:20:58 pm »

This is good news, does this release coincide with V8 working with live video on the Intel Mac?
I have already used live video with an Aptus 65 tethered to an Intel iMac running LC 8.4.2 and Mac OS 10.4.7 on an RZ67.
Forgot to mention that I did download new drivers from Aladdin for the dongle driver.
ftp://ftp.aladdin.com/pub/hasp/hl/mac/HDD...ller_MacOSX.dmg
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 08:23:34 pm by Cfranson »

heyandy

• http://about.me/andyfranck
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2006, 08:26:19 pm »

Yair,

So glad to see the update!  My new Aptus 75 is great, but the increased need for computing power have left me carting a G5 tower on location shoots while I wait for Apple's Intel transition to shake out.

The release notes PDF indicates that the mini is supported, but not recommended.  Could you explain why?  Is it just about processing power, or are there technical issues with the system?  Also, do you know if the Intel iMac provides adequate firewire power or is a powered hub necessary?  

Thanks,
Andy

yaya

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2006, 02:41:13 am »

The release notes PDF indicates that the mini is supported, but not recommended.  Could you explain why?  Is it just about processing power, or are there technical issues with the system?  Also, do you know if the Intel iMac provides adequate firewire power or is a powered hub necessary? 

Thanks,
Andy
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=70410\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The release notes refer to the G4-based Mini (and I'll tell them off for not mentioning it) which was based on iBook components with a slower main bus and a slower graphics card. So in reality it'll be as slow as a G4 iBook.

The new Intel mini should be ok as it is based on the MacBook, just a bit slower.

I hope this helps, yair

Cfranson

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2006, 08:11:47 am »

Also, do you know if the Intel iMac provides adequate firewire power or is a powered hub necessary?

We set up a client with an A65 on a 2.0GHz Intel iMac- it works fine with no hub. I'd have to assume the A75 would also work.

pixjohn

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2006, 01:29:52 pm »

I am a little happier now that Yair sent me an  email with the link to the patch to run live video, and Cfranson posted here on LL.

With out this thread I would have no clue about live video working on the Intel Mac. this posting shows why Leaf needs a user forum and a better way to communicate. I asked a Leaf rep these question and they never had a clue about this? I am happy to finally have t live video with 8.4.2 working.

Since I have solved one question, I think its time to ask another question. The version 8 software utilizes the gain file correction will 10 also have this function soon?

I have already used live video with an Aptus 65 tethered to an Intel iMac running LC 8.4.2 and Mac OS 10.4.7 on an RZ67.
Forgot to mention that I did download new drivers from Aladdin for the dongle driver.
ftp://ftp.aladdin.com/pub/hasp/hl/mac/HDD...ller_MacOSX.dmg
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=70409\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 01:40:53 pm by pixjohn »

yaya

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2006, 02:20:26 pm »

I am a little happier now that Yair sent me an  email with the link to the patch to run live video, and Cfranson posted here on LL.

With out this thread I would have no clue about live video working on the Intel Mac. this posting shows why Leaf needs a user forum and a better way to communicate. I asked a Leaf rep these question and they never had a clue about this? I am happy to finally have t live video with 8.4.2 working.

Since I have solved one question, I think its time to ask another question. The version 8 software utilizes the gain file correction will 10 also have this function soon?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=70482\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Glad we could help John and our forum should be up in a few days (I'm not supposed to pass this info but anyway...).

Regarding Gain calibration in LC10, yes the fuction is planned to be implemented with a few improvements, but it is too soon for me to give an estimate date...

Yair

Cfranson

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2006, 02:25:40 pm »

I am a little happier now that Yair sent me an  email with the link to the patch to run live video

Did Yair send the same link I sent or does he have a different solution?
-Chris

pixjohn

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2006, 04:26:36 pm »

Same link, I just recived it before i saw your post.

Glad we could help John and our forum should be up in a few days (I'm not supposed to pass this info but anyway...).

Regarding Gain calibration in LC10, yes the fuction is planned to be implemented with a few improvements, but it is too soon for me to give an estimate date...

Yair
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=70486\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

yaya

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2006, 04:41:47 pm »

Did Yair send the same link I sent or does he have a different solution?
-Chris
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=70487\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Same solution Chris, I thought I'll have a look at Aladdins website to see if they've updated the driver...

I've now asked our R&D to update it in the next version...

thanks, yair
Pages: [1]   Go Up