Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Esting software  (Read 949 times)

jkemp

Esting software
« on: November 23, 2016, 05:26:58 pm »

IS Qimage still the best and most affordable software for nesting photos of different sizes?
What I want to do is print to 24" roll media a whole load of photographs at different sizes. How would I go about setting up Qimage and Epson settings to do this? I see a 24x36" paper size. What if the amount of photos is over that length - what will happen?
Thanks
John

barry685

• http://www.barrystudios.com
Re: Esting software
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 06:10:11 pm »

I think if there are two many photos to fit, It will start a 2nd page.

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 06:49:27 pm »

What is the point of having roll media is you have to select a standard paper size?
I use Mirage Print and just set the length to whatever is needed for them to fit.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 07:33:29 pm »

IS Qimage still the best and most affordable software for nesting photos of different sizes?

Hi John,

Yes, it probably is, although nesting is just one of its great features.

What I want to do is print to 24" roll media a whole load of photographs at different sizes. How would I go about setting up Qimage and Epson settings to do this?

Qimage Ultimate will take you through the steps of setting the printer driver' s parameters. Watch this video that explains it. These settings can be saved for different media and for different printers and recalled at a later date to get the exact same behavior the next time.

I see a 24x36" paper size. What if the amount of photos is over that length - what will happen?

You set up the paper size to use to anything you like (or your printer driver allows), you're not stuck to the precoded choices. You can even set output sizes that exceed the physical dimension limitations of the printer, and it will warn you and attempt to print it on multiple pages that the printer can accommodate, or shrink to fit the largest that the page size you set can use, or it will crop. Whatever you want to do. The preview will show how many pages will be the result of your instructions, and which pictures will be placed where. If your printer/driver can handle roll paper, then you can select that in the printer driver and the printer will just print until you run out of paper.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==
Pages: [1]   Go Up