Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom User Interface: Dual Monitors  (Read 1721 times)

fotagf8

Custom User Interface: Dual Monitors
« on: November 22, 2016, 04:31:41 pm »

I use two monitors, and have opted for the dual monitor workspace.  When I select the workspace, Capture one opens the Browser and Viewer windows on one of my monitors.  I then move one of the windows to the other monitor.  Even then, when I select a new image, the two windows sometimes revert to the same screen.  Is there a way to stabilize the system so that each window opens on a separate monitor and stays there?

Second, I would like the tools to remain visible on the left hand side.  Each time I open CaptureOne, I have to set the tools to visible.  Is there a way to have it automatically show itself on the left side each time I open the program?  I see nothing in Preferences.

Thanks for any tips.

cortlander

Re: Custom User Interface: Dual Monitors
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 08:43:48 am »

Try Window/Workspace/Save Workspace option from the menu, after arranging your workspace the way you like it.
cortlander

hokuahi

• Artist, Photographer
    • Exhibition
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 03:35:29 pm »

I've had this dual monitor problem since CO8... Been through the support thing with them and they have yet to come up with a solution.

fotagf8

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 10:53:37 pm »

Thanks.  I tried the Windows/Save Workspace solution, but it didn't work.  I have since submitted a feature request.  Seems to me that there could be a Preference setting for Workspace.

I am warming up to Capture One, but I still think there user interface leaves much to be desired.  This is a perfect example.

cortlander

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 08:57:33 am »

I use several different workspaces and have never had a problem saving one. I am on an iMac. One of the David Grover Webinars or u-tube videos have this  covered too. Since you have opened a support ticket, I am sure you will get this resolved.

Best,
cortlander

fotagf8

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 09:20:38 am »

I am able to save the workspace.  I just want the saved workspace to open automatically when I open Capture One.

Thanks for the follow up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up