Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issue with one profile generation  (Read 3091 times)

tonyrom

Issue with one profile generation
« on: November 21, 2016, 01:17:51 am »

I made profiles for 5 different papers (Legacy Fiber, Etching, Baryta, Platine, and Hot Press Bright).  All but the Fiber were improvements on the canned profiles one except the Fiber.  I made all the targets in one print run 24 hours prior to reading them on an i1iO2.  I've attached the 3D model of the profile in question and it looks like it is missing some colors completely to make the cavities.  The rest of the profiles from the run came out really nice.  The only other piece of info was I switched the black ink first, did the Matte papers, then switch to the PK ink for the Baryta and Platine.

Epson SC P7000
Paper Epson Legacy Fiber
Samples for Target - 2033
Lighting D50
Matte Ink

Any ideas on what the cause may be?

TIA,
-tony

howardm

Re: Issue with one profile generation
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 07:58:32 am »

are you sure you printed on the correct side (you dont say if its sheet or roll media) ?

tonyrom

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 11:31:33 am »

The media was sheet.  I'm pretty sure I used the correct side.  The sample pack has the media labeled.

Doug Gray

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 12:38:51 pm »

It could be a registration error and the IO1 is getting mixed colors from adjacent patches.  Best way to check this is read each sheet twice and compare them with the I1Profiler.

howardm

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 02:55:33 pm »

I've seen mis-marked packages and it's easy to do w/ many mattes.

Are the targets scrambled or linear?

tonyrom

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 06:06:32 pm »

Targets are linear.

I bought two sample packs to make the profiles.  I checked the remaining two Fibre samples in the other sample pack and the side with a bit more bite is labeled face up.  The same as the targets printed.

The only other cause I am thinking of is I don't print matte that often and I was wondering if the MK head needed cleaning(I have low confidence on this idea because it looks like a color channel is missing).  Bad on my part for not remembering to do that first.

Doug, I did 4 other sets of papers all in the same run with the iOi1 and the others came out fine.  I read the same targets again, to make sure and get the exact same results(well close enough to exact).

schertz

• Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 06:38:32 pm »

I've seen mis-marked packages and it's easy to do w/ many mattes.

Are the targets scrambled or linear?

For what it's worth, I had two sample packs of the Epson Legacy papers and the the Baryta was in the plastic upside-down in both of them...

tonyrom

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 06:47:19 pm »

ouch.  I don't have any more Fibre other than the two sheets remaining.  Does anyone else have some that can share what the correct side  is.  The print side according to Epson, is the one with a bit more tooth to the texture, the "back" is smooth.

Jeff-Grant

• http://www.jeff-grant.com
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 10:13:47 pm »

The side that your tongue sticks to is the print side. All my images are pre-licked. :)
Cheers,
 Jeff  www.jeff-grant.com

tonyrom

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 12:07:22 am »

The paper was marked wrong as people suggested.  The Legacy Fibre print side is the smooth side!  I'm calling Epson tomorrow to share my experience.  Thanks to all!

howardm

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2016, 10:53:38 am »

Good to hear that that is all sorted out.

It'd be nice if they could figure out a way to reliably do that (ala the old days w/ sheet film and notching, not that I think notching is the way to go)
Pages: [1]   Go Up