Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon WFT-E8A Wireless File Transmitter, experience?  (Read 1155 times)

paulbk

Canon WFT-E8A Wireless File Transmitter, experience?
« on: November 20, 2016, 09:53:47 am »

Anyone have experience using Canon WFT-E8A Wireless File Transmitter with 1DX Mark II?
I have both Windows 7 & 10 high performance computers and Netgear Router. They connect nicely to my Canon Pro-1000 printer via WiFi. No problems thus far. I will use WFT-E8A to transfer RAW files from camera to computer hard drives. If possible, I'd rather not remove the cards (128G) from camera each time to transfer files. Thinking, fewer insertion cycles on the cards = less likely to damage connector pins. It's also a mild nuisance to remove the cards > insert to cardreader > download to computer > replace cards back in camera.
1) WFT-E8A is expensive, $600. But if it saves time and extends the life of card/camera connectors it may be worth it.
2) I use 128G cards which gives me more than 2000 RAW shots. Rarely have to replace cards before I can transfer files and re-format in camera.
3) The C-FAST card gets quite warm (borderline hot) when transferring files at high bit rate using SanDisk/USB cardreader. Wondering about hi-temps if transferring files while card is enclosed still in camera?
4) My research says you can also remote control the camera using the "Canon Camera Connect" app via iPhone. May be useful waiting for 'the moment' during sunrise/sunset, etc.

B&H cost $600
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1221610-REG/canon_1173c001_wft_e8a_wireless_file_transmitter.html
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 11:04:58 am by paulbk »
paul b.k.
New England, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up