Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: After the Fire  (Read 624 times)

BrownBear

After the Fire
« on: November 14, 2016, 06:10:56 pm »

I received my new Sony RX100V last week and ventured out to get acquainted. Due to recent drought in the Sierra Nevada, photo ops are pretty barren for color work.

Grabbing the bull by the horns, I headed up into one of the areas burned this past summer to see what new vistas were opened, with an eye toward converting files to black and white. Since we're traveling for 6 months, I'm doing all processing on a laptop, too.

As much as anything, this is my first pass at posting here on the LL site.  Sooo, it's all an experiment ranging from new camera to new vistas to new posting and laptop processing. And of course, I want to see how this image renders online, too!  :)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Re: After the Fire
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 06:15:50 pm »

Not uninteresting, but you have some odd artefacts in the sky and dreadful haloes around the twigs poking upwards towards the right.

Jeremy

BrownBear

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 06:27:15 pm »

Thanks for the quick feedback. Can't even see them on this little laptop screen.  The sky is probably the result of trying to contend with a smoggy horizon. Bleah, welcome to California.  :P But the halos are a surprise.  Can't wait to reunite with a big screen for "serious" photo work.

armand

• Photos
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 05:01:46 pm »

Not uninteresting, but you have some odd artefacts in the sky and dreadful haloes around the twigs poking upwards towards the right.

Jeremy

I suspect it's from decreasing the highlights and/or the blue luminance
Pages: [1]   Go Up