Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cannot open raw-file in bridge !?! ( keychain defa  (Read 3555 times)

toggen

• http://
cannot open raw-file in bridge !?! ( keychain defa
« on: July 08, 2006, 12:39:06 pm »

Hi!
When i try to open a raw file from my Panasonic dmc lx1 Keychayn access comes up, instead of camera raw... asking me if i want to add the certificates from the file to a keychain...

How do i make Photoshop the default opening program for these files, instead of keychain???

(Macbook Intel 2ghz - 2gigg ram -  osx 10.3.6-    photoshop cs2 (newest update) Bridge 1.0.0.545 (93460))

Toggen

francois

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 03:51:25 pm »

In the Finder, select your RAW file and choose Get Info from the File menu (or type CMD + I). A new info window will be opened and there you can choose the default application to open your file. Look for "Open with:" in the Get info window. A pop-up menu will let you choose the correct application.
Francois

toggen

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 04:40:15 pm »

In the Finder, select your RAW file and choose Get Info from the File menu (or type CMD + I). A new info window will be opened and there you can choose the default application to open your file. Look for "Open with:" in the Get info window. A pop-up menu will let you choose the correct application.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=70091\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks so far!
Now at least i get a photoshop ikon - but when i try to open it.... check out the attachment i sendt you?

Toggen

francois

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 06:08:58 am »

Thanks so far!
Now at least i get a photoshop ikon - but when i try to open it.... check out the attachment i sendt you?

Toggen
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=70096\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I' m away from a "decent" computer for the whole day. I'll have a better look tonight... It seems that Camera Raw cannot associate the correct file type. Are you using at least version 3.3 of ACR (supposed to add support for your camera raw files)?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 06:17:06 am by francois »
Francois

toggen

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 07:17:44 am »

I' m away from a "decent" computer for the whole day. I'll have a better look tonight... It seems that Camera Raw cannot associate the correct file type. Are you using at least version 3.3 of ACR (supposed to add support for your camera raw files)?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=70138\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi!
Well. those raw files opens easy on my imac g5 ( with 3.3 ACR... )
As far as i can see ACR 3.3 + 3.4  is intel prossessor compatible- AND supports my panasonic!
Strange situation...

Toggen

francois

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 12:35:45 pm »

Hi!
Well. those raw files opens easy on my imac g5 ( with 3.3 ACR... )
As far as i can see ACR 3.3 + 3.4  is intel prossessor compatible- AND supports my panasonic!
Strange situation...

Toggen
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=70145\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I've no idea why it works on your iMac G5 and not on your Mac Book. I don't have an Intel Mac here to test but things that I would try to do:

1. Make sure Photoshop is using the correct version of ACR (3.3 and up) by choosing to the "About Plug-ins...">Camera RAW menu item in Photoshop. It seems stupid but I had a problem with a fiend of mine who had two versions of ACR installed on his machine.
2. Instead of using Photoshop to open your RAW files, try to associate your files with Adobe Bridge as the default application (see my first post).
3. Try to create a new user in Mac OS X, log-in as the new user and try to open one of your raw files. If it works, then your issue is related to some of your settings in your account.
4. Try to open another type of raw file such as .CR2 from Canon or .NEF from Nikon to see if these files are opened correctly.
5. Try the Adobe forums to see if it's a known bug or if someone is experiencing the same kind of problem.

Keep us posted and good luck!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 12:43:16 pm by francois »
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up