Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing Using 5x7" Cold Press/Textured matte Paper  (Read 769 times)

ackdoh

Printing Using 5x7" Cold Press/Textured matte Paper
« on: November 13, 2016, 11:56:22 pm »

Heyo All,

I've got a client who loves 5x7" paper, and before I've been using Inkpress Cold Press 5x7" cut papers for the prints.  However, they always end up being slightly curled when I open the box and because of that, it hits the top of the print heads when printing and 80% I have to trim just a little bit off the edge to get rid of the print scrapes. I really don't want to do that, or mess up my printer further, or want to print 4-6 on larger paper then going back in and cutting 5x7"s myself, wasting more time. Does anyone have an alternative paper choice out there that has pre-cut 5x7" cold press textured paper besides Inkpress?

David

howardm

Re: Printing Using 5x7" Cold Press/Textured matte Paper
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 07:25:21 am »

I know you dont want to cut but starting from larger sheets will let you explore many other papers.  I think 5x7 out of the box will severely limit what you can get.  I do it all the time and keep an inventory of all the papers I use cut into 5x7 for test prints, small prints, etc.  You may be able to find some gift/holiday card stock from some makers (but they often come w/ envelopes or a box).
Pages: [1]   Go Up