Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gráakúla  (Read 986 times)

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
Gráakúla
« on: November 12, 2016, 12:50:01 am »

Gráakúla, in Snæfellsnes, Iceland.

thierrylegros396

Re: Gráakúla
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 04:57:05 am »

Very unusual colors for me!!

Thierry

francois

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 07:03:45 am »

Very nice aerial shots. I like both equally but the one with the road gives a good idea of the scale.
Colors are stunning and the landscape and shapes also.
Good job.
Francois

stamper

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 07:17:14 am »

The praise is merited!

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2016, 08:40:38 am »

Nice shots as always.
It took me a while to figure out that strange "fence" in the second shot, until I realized it was a four-lane highway!
There was no such thing anywhere in Iceland in 1974. The Ring Road had just been completed, and it was still only two lanes.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

brandtb

• http://www.brandtbolding.com
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 09:01:15 am »

wonderful colors and forms
Brandt Bolding
www.brandtbolding.com

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 10:27:28 am »

Thank you, gentlemen.

Eric - it is a 2-lane "road." The only places you will find 4 lanes are on main arteries in the Reykjavík area, very short sections in Akureyri, and the occasional passing lane in the newer tunnels.

Telecaster

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2016, 12:37:15 pm »

Beautiful terrain. I'd love to hike around in the area. The color here is a bit OTT for my taste but it does give the photos a surreal vibe.

-Dave-

Arlen

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2016, 02:24:58 pm »

Very nice indeed, Rajan. I'm particularly fond of the first one.

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2016, 03:07:42 pm »

Hello Rajan,
The Phantom footage is stunning, as is the choice of accompaniment of the Adam Bruckner piece. Have watched it a good number of times this morning. Were you working from the vehicle off to left. That footage possible with a flight from there? Really a stunning combination and each frame an excellent composition as well.
You know how much I appreciate your views of earth from some distance and this is no exception.

My mind has gone several times to the Amazon near the headwaters thinking of how much this feels as the same prayer, that the remote be allowed to harbor their remote and then that on discovery our greed does not destroy.

Thanks for your always excellent explorations. Can't know what part each played in the production, but truly appreciative nonetheless.
Lumine!
A common woman~

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2016, 07:07:15 pm »

Hello Rajan,
The Phantom footage is stunning, as is the choice of accompaniment of the Adam Bruckner piece. Have watched it a good number of times this morning. Were you working from the vehicle off to left. That footage possible with a flight from there? Really a stunning combination and each frame an excellent composition as well.
You know how much I appreciate your views of earth from some distance and this is no exception.

My mind has gone several times to the Amazon near the headwaters thinking of how much this feels as the same prayer, that the remote be allowed to harbor their remote and then that on discovery our greed does not destroy.

Thanks for your always excellent explorations. Can't know what part each played in the production, but truly appreciative nonetheless.
Lumine!

Thank you, Patricia.

Yes, our white vehicle is seen beginning 1:06. The DJI Phantom 4 camera (12MP) is surprisingly good for its size. I would have liked to fly a DSLR but that would require an octocopter with all its attendant portability issues. Flying drones is becoming increasingly hard with restrictions coming online by the day. A terrorist strike using a drone will seal its fate as far as photographers are concerned. I fear it is only a question of when, not if. To your other point, mass tourism now threatens the tranquility and the unique experience of these special locales.

Arlen & Dave - thanks!

Sean H

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2016, 08:59:22 am »

+ 1
Very nice indeed, Rajan. I'm particularly fond of the first one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up